Lib Dem v's Labour

Joanna King

As a resident in poulton i have just received a labour leaflet. I am disgusted to read that want to be politions are jumping on the back of hard working voluntery people in the area at the local youth & community centre. The labour candidates for borough and parish need to re-evaluate their actual efforts in the community area.

i have not witnessed these candidates taking part in any community event over the last 7 months whilst i have been active in the community.

To my knowledge i do know that work is waiting to start on the pot hole issue, in this area.

Please do not take credit for someone elses hard work. I am not a candidate or member of any political party, i am just a local resident who has an opinion.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joanna,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of politics.

All political parties have been guilty of jumping on community band wagons at some stage.

It is a sad fact of life that some politicians only come out when the elections are looming.

:oops:

As a resident in poulton i have just received a labour leaflet. I am disgusted to read that want to be politions are jumping on the back of hard working voluntery people in the area at the local youth & community centre. The labour candidates for borough and parish need to re-evaluate their actual efforts in the community area.

i have not witnessed these candidates taking part in any community event over the last 7 months whilst i have been active in the community.

To my knowledge i do know that work is waiting to start on the pot hole issue, in this area.

Please do not take credit for someone elses hard work. I am not a candidate or member of any political party, i am just a local resident who has an opinion.

Hi Joanna

It's very annoying isn't it (although the more you see of it the more amusing it gets in an odd sort of way).

I can't personally comment on the Labour 'way' as they don't really have much input in my neck of the wood but for many years the very same tactic has been deployed by our Lib Dem candidates over here at election time. The latest batch of twaddle only confirms that.

The hope that they rely on is some voters will NOT know that they haven't actually done watever it is they are claming to have done and will be suitably impressed...... and as such they will probably score some extra votes from the unknowing public.

It is only when volunteers and communities have worked together that they suddenly notice the sudden onslaught of 'clingers on' at election time

As Chrissy says you should definatley show them for what they are.

Transparent in what way Chrissy :roll:

You will soon the the hang of how the forum works.... a topic starts and with input it grows and spreads and often finishes up as a more general rant and rave. :wink:

Trouble is when politics or the council are involved people tend to get a little touchy :P

You should read some of the older topics :wink:

Hi Joanna, and welcome. Every leaflet should have the candidate's phone number. Give them a ring and show them how you feel.

I would gladly call them and tell them what i think, however the leaflet does not give contact details for the candidates only the person who published and printed its content.

Maybe I should have used opportunistic instead of transparent. I'm just injecting logic and perception into this this cosy little labour/conservative fistycuffs you have going here!

(Fun isn't it?) :D

If that was directed at me Chrissie I'd just like to point out that I am NOT a conservative and I have no real gripe about labour to be honest. Don't know where you got that one from.

Just to set the record straight :

I am definatley not an opportunist but as you don't know me I'll let you off :D

I have voted for the conservatives in the past although it was quite a long time ago....

I have voted for the Lib Dems more recently but I will NOT be voting for them this year for numerous reasons.

As for 'logic and perception'....... most people on here share those attributes apparently :D:P

I to have just recieved the latest Billys Weekly Liar ( Poulton North ) from the local Labour Candidate . :wink:

Can anyone tell me why there is no contact number for the prospective councillor ? :?

I would really love to know what input and effort the prospective candidate has had in the Bennets Rec project ?

I am of the understanding that the group of local youths actually contacted S Wilson ( LD ) and that the local WBC CDO has been instumental in taking this project forward with site visits etc.

I also notice that the " Election Special " features a photo of an old friend of mine the late Mick Curran ! i find that to be extremly poor taste . Are the Labour Party in that area so hard up for helpers ? :cry:

If the Labour party really wish to be taken seriously i suggest that they have rethink about the team behind this rubbish ! :wink:

Having heard now about the absolutely obnoxious leaflet going around Poulton I am bound to say that the parties are not all the same. Yes, every party sings its own praises and highlights where they believe the opposition has gone wrong, but we would certainly never sink to the disgusting depths of the author of that leaflet. They should be deeply ashamed.

Having heard now about the absolutely obnoxious leaflet going around Poulton I am bound to say that the parties are not all the same. Yes, every party sings its own praises and highlights where they believe the opposition has gone wrong, but we would certainly never sink to the disgusting depths of the author of that leaflet. They should be deeply ashamed.

who is 'we'? 8)

Think we were talking about "ethics" Mutz; you know (or perhaps YOU don't?); things like principles, conviction, belief, integrity etc: not raw electoral opportunism in order to "get elected" (as it has turned out) for it's own sake, rather than any worthwhile program. :roll: And it now seems from last night's drubbing, that the electorate are now tired of superficial spin without tangible delivery. :roll: