New Book:

observer

No but I have read many such books and also talked with several Native Americans about what happened to them and why.

The Trail of Tears is the most awful of all we did to the Native Americans - but then Andrew Jackson was a nasty piece of work.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jerry:

Mary, I glimpsed a TV ad for a new series or speccial on BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE. Coming soon.

I read the book 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee' years ago. I found it both informative and very depressing. If the TV series is based on the book it should be compulsive (and perhaps, compulsory) viewing.

I only got to see a brief glimpse tonight -- Sitting Bull has taken his Lakota survivors to Canada, where the Mounties have welcomed them, so long as they do not make their camp a staging base for attacks on the US. I hope that was factual, about the Canadians. I never knew that although I did know the Lakota went up there. The Mounties even brought them blankets and said, "our winters are a bit colder than you are used to down south..."