Laudate Community Choir

michaelorg

Do you enjoy singing?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy singing?

Do you sing in the bath? Whilst doing the hoovering? Wandering around the golf course? If you have always wanted to sing, but never plucked up enough courage to have a go, here is your opportunity! You don’t have to be able to read music and you won’t be asked to sing on your own or take an audition.

Laudate is an ideal opportunity for non-singers (or people who haven’t done any singing for a while) to experience the joys of choral singing, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Everyone is welcome, so come along on Tuesday 6 September at 10.45am to St. Mary's Buttermarket Street, and give it a try! For more information email music@stmaryswarrington.org.uk

Only 4 votes cast so far.... come on you lazy lot :P

Singing is supposed to be really good for you.

It has physical benefits because it is an aerobic activity and increases oxygenation in the blood stream.

It exercises the major muscle groups in your upper body.

It has psychological benefits because it reduces stress levels as it causes happy enodmorphines to be secreted (I think they are called endomorphines but someone will correct me it they arent').

Singing as part of a group creates a feeling of 'community', 'togetherness' and 'belonging' and singing on your own (like I do) in the kitchen, car or bath creates a feeling of wellbeing and 'thank goodness no-one can hear me'. :lol:

Shame it's early on a Thursday morning as I'd have given it a go as it sounds like great fun.