old warrington pics

artie

i have found this link to some old pictures of warrington --you may have seen them if so have another look

http://www.francisfrith.com/warrington,cheshire/photos/

Thanks artie I am aware of the site, there are some great photos of Warrington, however there are a number of problems, one being that they are owned by a compay that is trading today so there would be serious copyright infringement issues and also if that could be overcome they are in a small format and would not lend themselves to enlargement without losing visual quality.

I presume Arty kindly posted the link for us/you to just LOOK at the old pictures on there Algy :lol::P:wink:

:roll: I understood that you numpty Dizz, I was merely pointing out to ANYONE who was thinking of downloading them that it is not worth the time and effort, Oh! and I forgot to mention they each have a flipping big watermark on them. :wink::D :grin:

There are more Warrington pictures on there than there were last time I looked so cheers Arty. :D

One things confusing me though.... I already have some of the pictures that appear on the FF website (found in all my mums boxes of goodies) but none say Francis Frith on them anywhere.

Wonder if the ones I have are copyright as I've uploaded a few in the past and now that Algy has finished his MSC uploads I was going to put a few more on :shock::unsure:

Might just stick to 'clouds and weather' to be safe :lol:

There are more Warrington pictures on there than there were last time I looked so cheers Arty. :D

One things confusing me though.... I already have some of the pictures that appear on the FF website (found in all my mums boxes of goodies) but none say Francis Frith on them anywhere.

Wonder if the ones I have are copyright as I've uploaded a few in the past and now that Algy has finished his MSC uploads I was going to put a few more on :shock::unsure:

Might just stick to 'clouds and weather' to be safe :lol:

Good job I didn't take that attitude or else no one would have shared them, come on Dizz put em' on here and just do as I used to do and start with a statement saying if anyone has a legitimate objection you will remove them. It's not as if you would be displaying them for financial gain.:wink::D

Ha ha.... just so you don't get too exited though Algy I can count the ones I have to upload on 2 hands.

A far cry from all your wonderful uploads and the effort you put in and definately no way as interesting as yours either :wink: