synergie nightclub

bubby

Why has the council given the go ahead for synergie nightclub to open with a licence to 6 in the morning, when nearly every week somebody is getting stabbed or KILLED on the streets of warrington.

Even my son of 21 who goes to town every week says it is a bad idea and is going to lead to more trouble.

I would love to know what the police think of this!!! They have enough to deal with over the weekend.

Originally posted by bubbly:

Why has the council given the go ahead for synergie nightclub to open with a licence to 6 in the morning, when nearly every week somebody is getting stabbed or KILLED on the streets of warrington.

>

>

I would love to know what the police think of this!!! They have enough to deal with over the weekend.

I imagine it's to spread out the kicking out times. The early leavers then spread the strain on taxis and the later crowd move onto Synergy, by 6am the only place open will be here, pretty easy for the police to keep an eye on I imagine?

The fact that someone is killed nearly every week (shome mishtake shurely?) has nothing to do with nightclubs, considering Warrington has been without for some time, in fact that may actually point to the need for one if there was any validity in your claim - DUCY?

Originally posted by bubbly:

Even my son of 21 who goes to town every week says it is a bad idea and is going to lead to more trouble.

Why? Maybe the problem comes from everyone spilling out at the same time, now leaving times are staggered. If there's a lot of trouble, then punters will avoid it, I imagine that the proprietors, having invested ?3million on the venture, will be doing their utmost to promote a safe and friendly venue?

Originally posted by Peter:

fatshaft,

You sound like the MP's who are in denial.They need to get back to 11.30pm closing and get the drunks off the streets and let the police deal with crime.

Not really, I'm too old to bother with nightclubs, and couldn't stand them even when I wass of an age.

But bubbly posted this on the Guardian forum as well, which got much more of a response.

AFAIK, Warrington has NO nightclubs at present, so I'm not sure what exactly the objection is. It seems he'd rather our kids were travelling miles away for their night out, than stay close to home. Sorry, but I'd rather they stayed local.

With Synergy opening until 6am, the crowds spilling out simultaneously will be much smaller, and that alone will create less friction. Also when it does close at 6am, many patrons of that venue will have already left in dribs and drabs, those remaining will be on their last legs, and less inclined to a rammy, added to the fact that for a large part of the year, they'll spill out in daylight, again lessening the violent urges that seem to come in the dark hours.

Maybe none of this will help, and it'll be WWIII, but this ridiculous kneejerk that has popped up, as if Warrington is the only town or city in the country, totally unfit to have a nightclub is ridiculous IMO.

Give it a chance, if it's a warzone, the police will pretty quickly see that the license is removed.