F A Youth Cup

Woody

It was unfortunate that the league would not allow any one under 16 to be registered for this game - which resulted in a patched up team.

Seems ludicrous that Chelsea can play a 15-year-old yet clubs at our level who can't afford to put people on contracts are penalised.

As a result our new youth team had to put other lads in the team who had never played with each other before - hence the result last night.

It was unfortunate that the league would not allow any one under 16 to be registered for this game - which resulted in a patched up team.

Seems ludicrous that Chelsea can play a 15-year-old yet clubs at our level who can't afford to put people on contracts are penalised.

As a result our new youth team had to put other lads in the team who had never played with each other before - hence the result last night.

NO EXCUSES YOU GOT BEAT

NO EXCUSES YOU GOT BEAT

Did I - I don't remember playing :roll::lol:

NO EXCUSES YOU GOT BEAT

DOUDT YOU YOU CANT PALY HA HA :roll:

NO EXCUSES YOU GOT BEAT

I think I could play better than you can type! :oops:

NO EXCUSES YOU GOT BEAT

YEAH YEAH SAD YOU ARE

I think I could play better than you can type! :oops:

Here you go

FA Youth Cup Second Qualifying Round

Wrexham Youth 9 Warrington Town Youth 0

Monday 11th October 2010

The evening started well and as a swathe of Chinese Lanterns blew by it promised to be a good omen for one team, but sadly it was not Town. The first half hour saw Town contribute to a good open game but eventually, and in particular after the break we were overwhelmed by the full time academy outfit.

The game was played in an open manner with the ball running end to end but direct chances were hard to come by at first. When the opening goal did come it followed an error at the back, on this occasion by Town keeper Daniel Gordon, who other wise has a good game, but could only block a shot allowing it to drop straight to Louis Moss for a tap in. The second came following a long ball that Robert Salathiel met to drill home. Goal three came following Town coughing up possession in defence to allow John Jones the chance to score. It had been a tough lesson but it was about to get much tougher.

The second half was a story of much defending and some counter attacks but needless conceding of possession would prove our undoing on a number of occasions. It was a matter of time before the hosts increased their lead and when the ball was worked around the edge of the box to Max Fargin he drilled home. Town were at fault for goal five as they conceded easy possession in a dangerous area giving Jones a free shot to register his second of the night. The sixth came from a header back across goal for Robert Salathiel to get his second. Town were now beginning to flag having given as much as they could under significant pressure. We still showed some neat touches on the ball but as a team were being out run and out fought despite our best efforts. Chances for Town remained at a premium and were restricted to the odd long range speculator although we did force a couple of saves from Danny Ward in the Wrexham goal. The defence always looked as though they may concede more and number seven came following a neat run by Max Fargin as he beat three defenders to drill home for arguably the goal of the game. A scramble on the edge of the box broke favourably for the Welsh club to hit number eight through Louis Moss. The final gaol was rather similar as another scrap on the edge of the penalty area allowed Fargin to make it a personal hat trick and nine for Wrexham.

Despite the score Town should be proud of their efforts. At times they showed they could play some neat football and were forced into a number of changes for this game so were not exactly used to playing together regularly. It will be an experience in playing at a senior clubs venue and a lesson in what standards we need to be aiming at. Well done to the boys in what was always going to be a very difficult fixture.

Town. Daniel Gordon, Greg Walker, Samuel Spencer, Nathan Clements, Thomas Corcoran, Connor Singleton, Jamie Brown, James daniels, Ben McWilliams, Jordan Daniels, Adam Johnson. Sub Joshua Kavanagh

The report on the Wrexham website says similar, having earlier checked it.