Season overview

davey aspin

Having seen most of town's games this season I thought I would give my thoughts about the season so far. First I would like to say that I think a lot of hard work goes on off the field for the benefit of the team on the field.

As for the team it self I know a lot of people talk about the goal scorers but I think the most outstanding players this season have been Mike Tommo and Tom Hardwick, at the start of the season when goals were hard to come by the defence kept the team in the game., and the results tell the story when the two lads were out injured as we hardly got a point. Mike Duffy looks a good right back and the left back Louis has promise but full backs rarely make centre backs. Gavin Salmon looks a fairly good striker and Evo not prolific scorer but holds the ball up well, but I feel they are been fed on scraps as we don't have a midfielder who can give a defence splitting pass. I think midfield has let us down really Jimmy Mac has some skill but is very lazy doesn't track back and blames everyone else when he loses the ball reality check might help. Gauges puts the ball away mainly but goes missing at times. Feel sorry for Mike Grogan appears out of favour but I think he is our best bet in midfield at this time. Not having a go at the Southport kids though. Goalie looks quite good though so all's not that bad chaps. The pitch could also do with a good heavy roller, I bet the pros would have trouble with the bobbles on this pitch

Lets hope for more improvement next year

Having seen most of town's games this season I thought I would give my thoughts about the season so far. First I would like to say that I think a lot of hard work goes on off the field for the benefit of the team on the field.

As for the team it self I know a lot of people talk about the goal scorers but I think the most outstanding players this season have been Mike Tommo and Tom Hardwick, at the start of the season when goals were hard to come by the defence kept the team in the game., and the results tell the story when the two lads were out injured as we hardly got a point. Mike Duffy looks a good right back and the left back Louis has promise but full backs rarely make centre backs. Gavin Salmon looks a fairly good striker and Evo not prolific scorer but holds the ball up well, but I feel they are been fed on scraps as we don't have a midfielder who can give a defence splitting pass. I think midfield has let us down really Jimmy Mac has some skill but is very lazy doesn't track back and blames everyone else when he loses the ball reality check might help. Gauges puts the ball away mainly but goes missing at times. Feel sorry for Mike Grogan appears out of favour but I think he is our best bet in midfield at this time. Not having a go at the Southport kids though. Goalie looks quite good though so all's not that bad chaps. The pitch could also do with a good heavy roller, I bet the pros would have trouble with the bobbles on this pitch

Lets hope for more improvement next year

Words of wisdom davey - lets have some more input from you!