American Football Team

GridironGang

Hi All,

I am looking at the possibility of founding an American football team in Warrington, and am looking for any interested parties whether it be playing or coaching, any help would be welcome. No experience is needed, just enthuasiasm! Also, if there are any members of the original Warrington Redskins that are looking to get back into the game or think they could offer help, please get in touch, your input would be very valuable to me! If you are interested, please e-mail me on wire4life@hotmail.com. At this stage I am just gauging interest, nothing is set in stone. Thanks!

Matt Lewis

Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum.

I am a good friend of Dave Thompson who was heavily involved with the original American Football set up in Warrington.

Dave broke his neck playing for the Warrington Scorpions (I think that is what they were called) but is still very active on the Warrington scene.

I will forward this topic to him to see if he still has any contacts.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by GridironGang:

Hi All,

I am looking at the possibility of founding an American football team in Warrington, and am looking for any interested parties whether it be playing or coaching, any help would be welcome. No experience is needed, just enthuasiasm! Also, if there are any members of the original Warrington Redskins that are looking to get back into the game or think they could offer help, please get in touch, your input would be very valuable to me! If you are interested, please e-mail me on wire4life@hotmail.com. At this stage I am just gauging interest, nothing is set in stone. Thanks!

Matt Lewis

Originally posted by A.Collins:

Hi Matt,

I was a member of the Warrington Redskins flag and Kit team from the beginning.

Most of the members are now at http://www.merseysidenighthawks.com/ playing and coaching.

I was a wide receiver - would be great to get a team back in Warrington, still have my playbook and kit ready!!

Thanks

Andy Collins

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the interest! If you could put the word out I would be extremely grateful, as I have no idea where to start! You can e-mail me directly on wire4life@hotmail.com. I have a couple of mates that may be interested, but I have no idea where to look for coaches, equipment etc. Any help from anywhere is greatly appreciated

Thanks Again

Matt Lewis