Man with a Plan!

observer

Following reports of David Cameron's speach at the Tory Conference; I thought I was looking at a re-incarnation of Tory Bliar - all spin and no substance. :shock: Times are going to be hard - fair enough Dave, a fairly reasonable prognosis; BUT that means that you can't be promising us anything to lift our spirits, least of all, those at the bottom of the pile. :shock: The spin just doesn't pass the test of detailed analysis - EG: Dave made an attack on the woes of Elf and Safety legislation and the Human Rights Act, BUT, didn't detail what HE was going to do about it - will he scrap the HR Act? :shock: Let's assume for a minute, he did - thus cutting out loads of nonesense that the HR Act has sustained over the past decade, then what happens? :? Well, The EU still has it's own HR Act, and the European Court of Human Rights appears to be the highest court of appeal for any test case that challenges UK Government Policy - so it would seem that Dave is already making promises he can't keep. :roll: Now if he was really serious about scrapping the HR Act; he would take us OUT of the EU and any pre-eminence of a European Judicial System - but that's not what he's promising. :roll: So it seems a desperate and gullible electorate will have to choose between the frying pan or the fire - unless they switch to anti-EU Parties. :wink:

:wink::wink::lol:

PS.. not being sexist all all ASP just speaking from vast experience and noticing a certain sort of global 'male' trend towards chaos due to lack of sense, reasoning and forward planning :lol::wink:

(At which point I check over my shoulder to make sure my other isn't reading as he walks past or it's A&E for me tonight to have a spirit level or other implement removed from my right ear :lol: )

I work in a VERY male dominated workplace (there are some women officers at sea but quite few and far between.) However one comment I heard from an officer's wife some years ago seemed to ring true - "Youre all men in a man's world, but you all act like a pack of kids" :wink::wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Notice Wavy Davy seeing Gordon being hailed as the saviour of our global financial services, has now forgotten the truce he promised two weeks ago at the Tory Party Conference, and is now attacking Brown for causing the mess in the first place. :shock: Well Dave, your right in part, but I don't recall you or any of your Tory mates, who supported light touch regulation of the City, sounding any warnings over the past ten years of this buy now, pay later credit binge! :wink:

• 1 month later...