Parking at Warrington Hospital

Atomic

Just been to drop off and collect my wife from Warrington Hospital Friday 29th July. Only one of three parking fee machines outside main entrance were working so massive queue. We were less than the free 30 minutes so expected machine to show £0 fee due. It does not work like that. When I check at cash office they tell me you should not go near a machine if you are less than 30 minutes. This must be the least sophisticated ANPR system if the machines are not linked to the cameras. Most systems that I am familiar with log your arrival and calculate the fee owed when you get your receipt even if that is £0. That allows you to confirm that you were within the time allowed rather than have no evidence to dispute any charges. If you were tight for time the queue for a machine makes it even more stressful. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, Atomic said:

Just been to drop off and collect my wife from Warrington Hospital Friday 29th July. Only one of three parking fee machines outside main entrance were working so massive queue. We were less than the free 30 minutes so expected machine to show £0 fee due. It does not work like that. When I check at cash office they tell me you should not go near a machine if you are less than 30 minutes. This must be the least sophisticated ANPR system if the machines are not linked to the cameras. Most systems that I am familiar with log your arrival and calculate the fee owed when you get your receipt even if that is £0. That allows you to confirm that you were within the time allowed rather than have no evidence to dispute any charges. If you were tight for time the queue for a machine makes it even more stressful. 

The hard part is actually finding somewhere to park! Welcome to the forum btw