What's going on ?

observer

The threatened closure of the Future Tech Studio is an issue in itself, I'm just puzzled how a new, state of the art school could fail so fast, the place has facilities and class sizes that the head of an inner city school would die for and a curriculum I'd have died for myself as a student, yet it's been given a one star rating and parents are avoiding it like the plague.

What's all that about then? 

I'm getting the impression these days, that the whole structure of our public services is collapsing. With seemingly every new political gimmick, from Grammars to Free Schools, every knee jerk idea is being tried, without any overall comprehensive long term plan to educate and train our youngsters for an high tech future. Likewise with the NHS, we have people evidently out of control, in deciding to build a brand new hospital in place of an existing one, at an inconvienient location. Seems the inmates are well and truly running the asylum.

The wards are under staffed, staff have not had pay rises for ten years, patients are kept on trolleys,  in the hallways visitors are charged for parking yet there is money to build a new hospital? Why because of car parking problems!

Same with the collage, when was it opened, yesterday? Now the millions have been spent on it fix the problems!

No doubt the  Peons are underpaid and overworked;  but  it seems there are over 600 "fat cats" earning more than the PM, presiding over this debacle.

I saw something similar, it has been reported that no less than 628 NHS career bureaucrats are troughing over £100,000 a year, many well above that figure.

The public sector, top heavy or what?