Tough being a Warrington Town fan!

theinsider

It must be tough being a Warrington Town fan these days.

Took a trip out to sunny Trafford today (not) and saw a great performance by Warrington but they still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the second time in just over a week at the same venue.

Trafford are one of best teams in the league and Warrington out played them for much of the game - but lost!

Not the first time they have thrown potential victories away from what I have heard!

Would be interested to hear the views of the regulars?

• Upvote 2

Couldnt agree more, we outplayed them especially in the first half, and should have had at least one more goal, when Ciaran missed, but very disappointed with the final result, just one more question for everyone out there, when was the last time, you saw a linesman at our level give a penalty???

Just seems such a crying shame to waste such a good first half performance! In the first half, we looked fitter, and both tactically and technically better. In the second half, I dont know quite what happened. Yes, we weren't helped by a referee who made poor decisions for both teams for the duration of the game. However, we could have easily led by more than three at half time, and by that point, the game should really have been done and dusted

• Upvote 1

Two simple errors cost us the game, however we played well and with the current crop of injuries we have a lot to look forward too. Got to say Trafford have a good side there and if we make 5th place i can see us playing them in the first play-off match.

If i had to ctriticise i still think we need another keeper, Andy is good player but not for the first time in recent weeks he's been beaten from distance and hardly moved (their 3rd goal)

Looking at the fixtures a lot of clubs are playing all their catch up games in Feb so by the end of that month we'll know if going to happen for us this year as by that time we should be full tilt.

MOM for me yesterday was Kilheeney was just for the sheer amount of ground he covered, one minute attacking next minute defending, John Miles again was quality going forward but does'nt fill in chasing back (great free kick effort tho!)

Couldnt agree more, we outplayed them especially in the first half, and should have had at least one more goal, when Ciaran missed, but very disappointed with the final result, just one more question for everyone out there, when was the last time, you saw a linesman at our level give a penalty???

The quality of the assistants has been pretty poor at nearly every game I have seen this season.

They are usally light years behind play and for a team like Warrington, who are playing a high defensive line, many of the off sides are missed.

It is a dangerous tactic especially against teams with quick forwards like Trafford.

I think Warrington have paid the penalty for this tactic in the last two games with Trafford as they have tried in the final quarter - when Trafford have won the game.

Great performance by Town for the first half, Trafford struggled to get out of their own half. A 2-0 lead at half time after a strong performance, great, what do we do then, we make tactical changes and sit back to defend the lead inviting Trafford to come at us instead of looking to kill off the opposition with attacking football.

Once Trafford scored their tails were up and with memories of earlier in the week still fresh in everyones minds it proved to be a positive for Trafford but negative for Town leaking another two goals and throwing the 3 points as a result.

Ian  

was really disappointed with it being a repeat of the previous game, but maybe we should acknowledge that Trafford are a good team who come strong in the second half according to their Chairman.

I have to be happy, because I wanted us to be in the top six at Christmas and that is where we are, despite 3 key players out injured. Need to get some discipline back and STOP giving away penalties.

Considering we gave the others 6 to 9 games start whilst still putting the squad together, there is not a lot to moan about.

It must be tough being a Warrington Town fan these days.

Took a trip out to sunny Trafford today (not) and saw a great performance by Warrington but they still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the second time in just over a week at the same venue.

Trafford are one of best teams in the league and Warrington out played them for much of the game - but lost!

Not the first time they have thrown potential victories away from what I have heard!

Would be interested to hear the views of the regulars?

Seems to be getting tougher!!!

The Insider seems to be watching more games in the last few weeks than he has in years so maybe we should look at that as a positive

In answer to your question insider yes we were beaten from behind but Trafford are a really good side and i spoke to some of their fans in the bar (!) after the game and they said its the best squad they've had in three years and are happy they'll be in the playoffs. The downside for us is that a top six team has taken 4pts off us,and with our remaining fixtures against clubs in the six we need to take the 3pts (goes without saying i suppose)

The fun will start for all the teams soon who have to play Sat-Tues-Sat and we won't so hopefully a plus.