Fox hunting back!

observer

They pay me on time, unfortunately the government takes an inordinately large portion of my salary before I get anything. Considering I'm on board a ship for 8 months of the year I think thats rather unfair to be honest. And then I see that most of the money they take from me is urinated against the wall and get a bit annoyed! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

No, the trouble is that governments are incontinent. It isn't their money so they spend it like there's no tomorrow. They need to stop using my money as if it were theirs!!! Your problem Obs is that you agree with them. Do you pay tax Obs (I imagine you do as my 88 year old mother still does, shamefully!!)? Do you think it right that the government takes your money and gives it to Greece who have no intention of changing their ways? Or wastes it on military adventures we have no business in? Stop supporting big government and start supporting the common man. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No, the trouble is that governments are incontinent. It isn't their money so they spend it like there's no tomorrow. They need to stop using my money as if it were theirs!!! Your problem Obs is that you agree with them. Do you pay tax Obs (I imagine you do as my 88 year old mother still does, shamefully!!)? Do you think it right that the government takes your money and gives it to Greece who have no intention of changing their ways? Or wastes it on military adventures we have no business in? Stop supporting big government and start supporting the common man. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He tried that when he went CAP in hand to the locals, but they didn't want him? (Once bit???) :wink:

A rather pathetic attempt to change the direction of the debate there Obs, though no suprise given your past form :roll: :roll: Nowhere have I said that I object to tax per se, just the way the government sees the tax revenue as money to be spent willy nilly on things that have no benefit whatsoever to the taxpayer. I have complained to my MP about this, although he hasn't, as yet, bothered to reply. Anyway if you want to volunteer to pay extra tax, together with your comrade in arms (alms?? :wink: ) Lt Kije don't let me stop you, just don't expect me to volunteer to do the same :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's the whole point - charity is voluntary - taxation ain't; otherwise they'd get nowt in! :roll: YOU, may consider our taxes to be mis-spent, and I could agree with many of your examples - but's that's why we supposedley have a democratic choice of policies at Election time. :shock: btw, he isn't "a comrade", he's a luvvy! :D

If you agree with many of my examples you too agree that our taxes are mis-spent. And you know as well as anybody that we don't have a democratic choice of policies at election times. We are given a choice of easily broken half promises by gangs of proven liars. I'll say it again, you give the government more than they already steal from you if you want to, but by doing so you aren't helping the cause of the poorest in society one iota. Also taking more money from the richer members of society won't help the poorest, the government will just waste the extra income. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There you go again with your claptrap. I have stated categorically that I do not object to the need to raise revenue by taxation. My objection is to the way the money thus raised is misused by government. I'm afraid you're talking out of your prejudiced fundament and will always twist whatever anybody says against that prejudice to suit your impossible to achieve ideals. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

As an addition to my last post, my grandfather, my father and one of my brothers were or are Inspectors of Taxes and I am under no illusion of the necessity of tax for the efficient running of the country. However I'm also aware that the country is not being run in an efficient or cost effective manner and this has been the case for decades now due to the profligacy of the governing class. We have run out of options and money and yet these self opinionated buffoons in Westminster continue to pontificate as if they had the foggiest idea what they are doing. It makes me want to puke! (I would put it rather more strongly but Dizzy would bar me for a week) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

In your previous posts. you objected to the amount of tax being taken by Gov; so pls make yer mind up. Either you object to paying any tax in principle or as much tax as we do? - think we both agree it's mis-spent; but ask a hundred folk what their priority for spending is, and you'll probably get a hundred answers, such is the nature of democracy. The first thing this Coalition did when elected, was to ring fence overseas aid from any of the austerity cuts - so I agree all Governments since the 50s have been out of touch - but folk keep voting for them! :(