Bank bonuses?

observer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obs... why don't you ring them on your dads behalf in your usual 'forceful' and 'to the point' way :wink:

Like you say it is important that your dad gets his jab due to his age so I'm sure they would help if you explained 'why' and of course the course of action that you would follow if he did become poorly having caught it simply because he was having to wait for them to act.

Can't you take him to the docs though so he can have it sooner rather than later :?

Case of having to - but (as Baz says) people of a certain age should be getting regular visits in any case. I've heard about other problems with this particular surgery, which seems to be run by some upstart jobsworth of a "practise manager" rather than the GPs. And this is set against a background of people being encouraged to have the jab in the first place. :roll:

One of our elderly neighbours gets regular visits.. a waste of time... they are supposed to come in to make her meals but if she says she's not hungry they just don't bother :evil: Tricky one I suppose but they still get paid for their visits :?

As for practice managers/receptionists.. according to the notice in our surgery they are simply acting on the direction of the GP's although some GP's say they aren't when you complain about it :roll:

Most GPs refer you back to the practise manager, they havn't the time or interest to get involved in admin. Be interesting to see how they perform when they are given control of their own budgets - I'm already hearing of comments from them, like "do you really need these" or " these are quite expensive you know" - to which one replies " frankly my dear, I couldn't care how much they cost, having paid NI all my life, plus paying taxes for your wages". :twisted:

One of our elderly neighbours gets regular visits.. a waste of time... they are supposed to come in to make her meals but if she says she's not hungry they just don't bother :evil: Tricky one I suppose but they still get paid for their visits

They do get paid for their visits but I actively help with my mums care and have been involved in all sorts of meetings and provision setups to ensure that there are meals available and that every visit has a documented meal and fluid chart and they ring their office when they get to my mums and again when they leave.

It is all about being forceful; in the early days when mum got ill, the carers were not doing what they were paid to do, for example, I'd was at my mums house one day, and she asked me to go and get a newspaper. I left the house, went to the shop, bought the paper, called at the chemist to pick up a prescription and went back. I was out of the door for no more that 20 minutes.

When I got back, the carers had been and allegedly sorted out mums food, drink and all the other tasks they are supposed to do except there was no way that they could have prepared to food and allowed enough time for it to be eaten! Problem was, they filled in the attendance book without realising that I was on my way back and when I arrived and they had already left, they filled in the timesheet saying they had left but 15 minutes after I got back!!

I took a photo of the entry and sent it to their office.....

Keeping an eye on them is the only way because unfortunately they do try to cut corners

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrrrr.......

The chief exec of Lloyds is set to receive a ?2.3 MILLION bonus award. :evil: And if that is not bad enough he is leaving in March :evil:

Nice on Mr Soft Touch Government.... I thought you were supposed to be stopping these sorts of huge payouts after the banks were bailed out using OUR money.

That's two fingers up to you and two fingers up to us too then :evil::roll:

Well seem like the bank bosses can have whatever over inflated bonuses they like regardless and the Government aren;t going to do a thing about it. :evil:

The barclays chief exec is to get ?8 million :evil:

Why

I can not "hammer" the banks over their bonuses because I need them to lend more to business and pay higher taxes to reduce the deficit.

.....There's a part of me, like probably everyone in this room, that just thinks 'right, let's just go after every penny we can get out of these banks, let's tax these bonuses to hell, let's just get hold of the cash'. That would look good for a few weeks, maybe a few months, but actually what do we really want to do here?

We want a growing economy that is creating jobs, and that means banks that are lending money to businesses."

rest of the twadle here :roll:

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2011/01/14/pm_insists_he_cannot_hammer_banks

IS HE SAYING THAT if the bank bosses don't get their huge bonuses they simply wont lend money to people ? Eh ?

Sounds like blackmail to me :?