A bit of logic......

The guy makes a plausible case for free market capitalism - and no doubt, IF we depressed workers wages sufficiently, we could compete with third world labour markets - the bonus in this would be, that we could no longer afford relatively expensive imported goods! However, the reality is, that we are where we are, and having given relatively generous working conditions and pay to our workforce; once given (or historically won), it's extremely difficult to take them back. Such is the current situation in Spain, where generous statutory redundancy schemes are now causing firms to go bankrupt as they shed workers in response to the economic downturn - any political move to turn the clock back however, would be politically toxic, as these very workers have a vote! So, a bit of a catch 22 eh?! :?

:lol: There's actually no case to rest, it's a question of belief: one either believes that for our brief spell on this planet we should all share (as equally as possible) in it's bounty OR at the other extreme, that it's every man for himself, and devil take the hindmost, which may appeal to human nature, if your fortunate enough to be a winner. :wink:

I disagree Obs, We live in a capitalist Country. Their are extremes of capitalism, As you rightly say at its extreme its take, take take with no consequence for others. The reason I asked the question was, I wanted to know if asperity fancies himself top of his heap :wink: