World inaction...

Davy51

What is the point of the United Nations, drawing  sharp intakes of breath through its toothless gums  & trying to look like the elder statesman of world politics  when in reality it is an expensive failed club ?  In Syria we have Christians being targeted by rebels , in the Donetsk region of the Ukraine Jewish residents are being ordered to submit  lists of any business & property interests  to the regional government in actions that are strikingly similar to the early days of naziism. 

We have religious cleansing in Syria & the seeds of another cold war sprouting green shoots & all we hear from the UN is a deafening silence .....!

The membership of the UN, is based on the interests of each individual nation, their alliances and who's funding who; so hardly a place to seek real altruism; but perhaps better than nothing.  Count the number of wars since 1945, none of which was prevented by the UN, most encouraged by the super-powers as proxy wars, which allowed political machinations without recourse to a full blown nuclear world war. So, many small wars, rather than WW3, thanks to the UN. btw Dave; that letter circulated to Jews in Donetsk was a fake.

Unfortunately, as with Hitler, it only takes one crackpot in a position to attract the misfits & criminal elements in society into positions of power  to provide  the catalyst for state based persecution of minorities.

A bit like UKIP then :wink::D

• Downvote 1

Correct, but the original one was destroyed by the Romans under Pompey the Great; creating the diaspora.

I always thought that the Babylonians destroyed the original temple of Solomon and that the Romans attacked the second temple of Herod, could be wrong though, its a while since I read that tale.

Also I don't think Pompey destroyed the temple, just had a good mooch and buggered off

Wow, the gold cup for nit picking for that one !

I suppose that's as close as you come to admitting how wrong you were, Pompey even had the Temple cleansed after he had seen its sacred areas, now if that is a description of destroying a building then I am wrong, if its not, you are.

Correct, but the original one was destroyed by the Romans under Pompey the Great; creating the diaspora.

It wasn't the original temple when Pompey got there.

Pompey did not destroy the second temple anyway.

Other than that you got it perfectly correct lol

A surreal trip into semantics now, when the original topic was about the UN - PUT YOUR DUMMY BACK IN ! 

only one dummy here Obs, oh incorrect one lol

So now you know you are wrong and instead of a simple " Hey nobody's perfect"  you go all out with churlish insults, no wonder Labour gave you the clog.

only one dummy here Obs, oh incorrect one lol

So now you know you are wrong and instead of a simple " Hey nobody's perfect"  you go all out with churlish insults, no wonder Labour gave you the clog.

Obs. labour, not a chance, he might have been trying to make a living out of being a Labour councillor, but he has not got a Labour bone in his body, he would have been just using the Labour Party, funny as he now calls politicians for doing what he was attempting, Now I know why he is bitter he wasn't aloud on the boat .