Dirty Warrington?

theinsider

...Maybe Shaun just got some ideas from the Stoke friendly?

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure Shaun won't be happy about this. I'm sure he'll definitely start to try and cut down on the bookings and suspensions.

Personally, I'd start fining the players for it, or if this is already happening, I'd just double the fine so it's more of a deterrent.

However, I really don't care if we have a reputation for being dirty as long as we are doing well. Just think about Leeds or Wimbledon, both were "dirty" but both got success from it.

Only problem we get from this is that it could stop players from joining, but I don't think we've got a reputation bad enough to do that.

To be honest though, we don't even have a reputation for being dirty. Maybe Mossley aren't happy with us, but that doesn't even matter.

I have no problem with an 'aggressive' style of play - however, if you give the other team a man or twos advantage, you can't win games at any level. There is a line that you can't cross and the referees need much less of an excuse to issue cards now than they have in the past.

WW97 - the Cheshire FA levy fines for every booking and red card issued, I think I'm right in saying that the club make the players pay their own fines for any yellow or red cards the recieve.

Insider - it could be far worse - I dread to think about the doom and gloom you'd post on forums like this if you were, say, a Garforth fan... :wink:

There is also a bit of a mental affect I didn't think about. If opposition players think we go in 2 footed all the time, they might go into tackles less commited, so we could win the ball from tackles more. Even if we aren't playing dirty the reputation could help. However, I don't think we actually have a reputation, especially one that will have this effect on the opposition

I have no problem with an 'aggressive' style of play - however, if you give the other team a man or twos advantage, you can't win games at any level. There is a line that you can't cross and the referees need much less of an excuse to issue cards now than they have in the past.

Spot on. As a fan, I'm here to watch the team, not their style or success. As long as we are winning, I don't care how we are playing, as long as our style doesn't give the opposition an advantage. And like I said, maybe a dirty reputation gives us a slight advantage in a way.

But again, I must point out I don't think we're a dirty team.

WW97 - the Cheshire FA levy fines for every booking and red card issued, I think I'm right in saying that the club make the players pay their own fines for any yellow or red cards they recieve.

I thought it was something like that, most clubs and leagues have a similar structure going. As an extra deterrent, I'd make them pay double their actual fine or something.

Insider, found your wooden spoon????

You need to keep things in perspective and cut out the knee-jerk comments.

Mossley were lucky to win the game against 9 men. Of course the Town players will play hard. After the last few games, they have something to prove to their manager and the fans.

Perhaps if the officials did their job the frustration might not show through.

As for Mossley and their supporters, they need to look at their own behaviour when one of their players got shoulder charged into touch. IF the hoardings hadn't been concrete, the player would not have been so badly hurt. The Town player was just doing his job albeit enthusiastically, but the ref didn't see it as a foul so no-one else should.

Anyway, they played better than they have recently. Roll on Tuesday, actually got a home game.

Onwards and upwards.

And I'm happy. Man.U won. :P:D :grin:

i have not been to the last couple of games so cant comment on the nature of the red cards, however i think it shows a great willingness to play hard fought determination etc i would like to see all aspects of the game pick up the aggressive nature again and stop the over paid actors (suarez) ruining the game and bring back the style of roy keane, vinnie jones, jaap stam and stuart pearce. it is a contact sport and referees are too weak nowadays if they did their jobs properly then there would be no problem. How can the english game (refering to football as a whole originated here i believe) be governed by a bunch of foreigners that dont know what they are doing :x:x

I cannot speak for the other reds, but I was at Mossley on Saturday (one of the few!).

The first red was a straight red. I admit to being half a pitch away and my first reaction was that it was a booking definitley. I suspect other refs may well have agreed with me. When a Mossley player did something similar later and just got talked to, there was clearly an argument that the ref may not have been sufficently consistent.

Townson was 2 yellows, the 2nd I thought was harsh in isolation but he had just been spoken to and probbaly went due to a cumulative effect. He does seem to have issues with furstration and controlling it which is to his detriment.

The wall incident was not considered anything but a hard challenge which looked terrible as he went head first into the wall. However abuse from the sidelines and throwing of a liquid onto the players / pitch by the home crowd does not help ascribe the necessary sympathy with the aggrieved.

However generally we were poor before the "offs" and whilst we had a lot of posession, we look blunt up front.

• Upvote 1

i have not been to the last couple of games so cant comment on the nature of the red cards, however i think it shows a great willingness to play hard fought determination etc i would like to see all aspects of the game pick up the aggressive nature again and stop the over paid actors (suarez) ruining the game and bring back the style of roy keane, vinnie jones, jaap stam and stuart pearce. it is a contact sport and referees are too weak nowadays if they did their jobs properly then there would be no problem. How can the english game (refering to football as a whole originated here i believe) be governed by a bunch of foreigners that dont know what they are doing :x:x

Well said Aaron.

Knee jerk- four sendings off in the last five games and the manager red carded twice!

Hardly knee jerk!

What is the saying - lead by example! :oops:

He is. It's called passion and a will to win. It's a wonder that any manager doesn't get these officials by the throat when you look at the inconsistencies in the game at ALL levels.

Better to have tried and lost, than not tried at all.

You never know Insider, it might bring the crows in, if they know they will see some excitement and blood and gore.

Perhaps Insider, you need to find another hobby to watch, if you want gentle football. Maybe chess????

• Upvote 1

Yep, very well said. Absolutely spot on.

He is. It's called passion and a will to win. It's a wonder that any manager doesn't get these officials by the throat when you look at the inconsistencies in the game at ALL levels.

Better to have tried and lost, than not tried at all.

You never know Insider, it might bring the crows in, if they know they will see some excitement and blood and gore.

Spot on again.

The wall incident was not considered anything but a hard challenge which looked terrible as he went head first into the wall. However abuse from the sidelines and throwing of a liquid onto the players / pitch by the home crowd does not help ascribe the necessary sympathy with the aggrieved.

I've heard quite a bit about this, what happened?

During the melee after the intial challenge, there appeared to be some sort of liquid thrown in the air from the direction of the spectators towards where it was kicking off. I believe others saw it as well. Not sure who the culprit was but definately saw something in the air.

As for the incident, shoulder charge, player falls of pitch and slams head into wall. Looked very bad but caused chaos at the time and at the end of the match as well.

During the melee after the intial challenge, there appeared to be some sort of liquid thrown in the air from the direction of the spectators towards where it was kicking off. I believe others saw it as well. Not sure who the culprit was but definately saw something in the air.

As for the incident, shoulder charge, player falls of pitch and slams head into wall. Looked very bad but caused chaos at the time and at the end of the match as well.

Cheers :)

I assume that by wall, people are meaning the white barriers they have surrounding the pitch and stuff?

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will be able to trace whoever it was who threw their drink or whatever towards our players. The "Mossley Ultras" are starting to get a bit of a mixed reputation in our league to be honest. :|

It was an oldish bloke who threw the liquid. Not sure if it actually reached the player concerned. The fans in the stand next to the incident were shouting the odds and one guy rushed down to the side of the pitch from the back of the stand. Crazy over reaction by all involved.