The lovely bones

TLC

Has anyone read this book by Alice Sebold? its about a 14 year old girl who is raped and murdered and it tells of her watching her family, friends and her murderer from Heaven. the first chapter i found hard as it brutally tells of the way she died, but then after this point i could not put it down. A truly thought provoking and different book. :)

Yes i will Bren. it is based on her own experience of being raped as a girl.Saying that,it is supposed to be a really upbeat book about recovery and carrying on with your life. I think she actually wrote it first although i am not certain.

Glad you enjoyed it!

• 2 years later...

I believe the film version will be out in a couple of months. I read it because it was assigned reading in my grandson's literature class. It is an interesting point of view about death during teenage years.

Lucky was a non-fiction book based on the author's experience on being raped and then told, "you were LUCKY, he might have killed you!"

• 1 year later...

OK, I was a little optimistic about the film's release, but it is now set for December, 2009. With Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon and Michael Tucci. Those are all peripheral characters, except for Tucci, I think. No new about the 14 year old girl main character.