Warrington Town top of the league!!!

robocop

Amazing how quiet it is on here considering Warrington Town are top of the league 13 games in - something which has never been seen before!!!

Looks like crowds are starting to increase as well.

Hopefully the footballing public of Warrington can wake up and smell the coffee!

We have been top of the league before, OK not this league, but we have been before!!!!

No seriously its great to see us so high up in the league, the boys on the field, the coaching staff and the board deserve lots of credit for what they have doen so far, lets hope it continues for many a year

Come on you Yellows

Woody

Poor performance tonight. Trying to hang on to a 1 - 0 lead and hit with a sucker punch. Meakin is not industrious enough for that midfield position. He should have been replaced by West in my opinion. We got what we deserved in the end because we couldn't win the ball back off a decent BB side. We needed a bit of energy in the middle of the pitch, particularly in the second half.  :oops:

Poor performance tonight. Trying to hang on to a 1 - 0 lead and hit with a sucker punch. Meakin is not industrious enough for that midfield position. He should have been replaced by West in my opinion. We got what we deserved in the end because we couldn't win the ball back off a decent BB side. We needed a bit of energy in the middle of the pitch, particularly in the second half.  :oops:

Top of the league and unbeaten in the league for TWO MONTHS!

Give the lads a break!

Woah Robocop.*!! That was a fair reflection of the game against BB, Read the report on WTFC site and it echoes my comments. I'm chuffed that we are riding high - long may it continue. It's no use to anyone to gloss things over or get carried away.  :lol:

I'm not saying you comment isn't a reflection of last night's game - which was against one of the form sides in the league with something to prove after being hammered 3-0 earlier in the season.

What I am saying is the lads don't need public criticism when they are unbeaten in two months and top of the league.

Everyone is entitled to have an off day.

The team needs encouragement.

Mind you I am suprised you held back from recommending the manager to call up a certain young player you keep flagging up. :mrgreen:

I think with Curzon slipping up the night before it was viewed by some as a lost opportunity to push on further. Game was marred by a terrible conditions but BB did take better to it 2nd half. Personally, not sure two big men up front was wise and Wharton looked very rusty. I prefer having options.

That said still top. Few key games comign up (farsley / curzon) so not getting to excited just yet.

We're only 3 months in. As much as this position is brilliant, let's not get carried away yet.

I think with Curzon slipping up the night before it was viewed by some as a lost opportunity to push on further. Game was marred by a terrible conditions but BB did take better to it 2nd half. Personally, not sure two big men up front was wise and Wharton looked very rusty. I prefer having options.

That said still top. Few key games comign up (farsley / curzon) so not getting to excited just yet.

I agree with the mentality behind playing two strong forwards, but my only slight criticism of this is that it means Kilheeney (who is one of the best finishers I have seen at this level, in my opinion) is made to play out-wide. However, the current set-up works just as well, and it's getting the results, which is what matters.

The double big man needs good midfield support preferably wide and it wasnt forthcoming hence my reservations for doing it again. Kilheeeney / Wharton combo is arguably the best up front but both are still not fully match sharp after injuries although Wharton looked much sharper on Saturday. Dont know why Kilheeney went off on Saturday at HT.

Played with one up front and 2 holding midfielders on Saturday and still won, although took a change in tactics 2nd half to get the points.

3 points clear now and whilst Curzon have games in hand, I'd much rather have the points in the bag. Farsley away next week could be tough, however as I havent seen a league defeat yet cant complain!