New Zebra crossing and Toucan in Longbarn

Geoffrey Settle

There are proposals to construct a Zebra Crossing by Burnet Close on Harpers road and a Toucan crossing on Woolston Grange Avenue between the Pink Bridge and the Round a bout.

Essentially they are being funded out of money from the build of the Olympic Office development back in 2008. They form part of the travel to work plan to encourage people who will work there to use public transport.

On Tuesday I met with officers to outlining local residents concerns and as a consequence a detail reply was produced of which I circulated 350 copies on Wednesday evening throughout Longbarn.

If anyone would like a copy please use the PM service on this discussion forum and I will send you a copy.

I would also welcome any feedback on the thread - probably creating a rod for my on back but my main aim is to keep people informed.

I am meeting the planners again in just over a week with a few residents and I would like to make sure that all views are being captured.