On the road to Wembley.....

Gary

I was amused that our Director of Football believes that I am the same person as Topshot. I'm not going to dignify this allegation with a response other than:-

There is a groundswell of opinion from the paying supporters that we have a potential problem looming with some of the more senior players (particularly in midfield). The two in the middle are not particularly mobile and all we crave is a balance AND ENTHUSIASM in there. The solutions are under our noses but appear to stay ignored. 

I agree that the league start has been fantastic but we cannot afford to inhabit a "fools paradise" believing that this start will continue with the favoured midfield pairing. 

This is a forum for opinions and, as a paying fan, I am entitled to give mine. All I want is success for my team.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee for some people!!  :lol:

Oh my word, it sounds like the end of the world is about to happen! I'll nip the shop once I've written this and go and buy a stash of tinned food to keep me going until I'm rescued... :wink:

In all seriousness, someone reading this from the outside might think we were about to be relegated or something, the doom and gloom is unbelievable. Footy fan, while I do think centre midfield is an area in our team that we could improve, there are a hell of a lot of teams in this league who are weaker in this area than us. Look at the league table - the only piece of data that matters - and you will find that everyone has done a great job so far this season, long may it continue...

I can guarantee that this forum will track user's IP addresses. Someone with the right permissions just needs to check.

I've noticed that a few times this season our play has just bypassed the midfield. I must say that this was a lot more of a problem earlier on in the season than it is now, and we have made improvements in this area.

But, I don't care at all what tactics we play, as long as we're winning. I'm certainly not complaining about anything, as it seems to be working quite well!

I'm unconcerned if people think I'm using two profiles. I know I'm not!! 

I am looking at results from our last three games and it's making me nervous!!!!! Just preempting a potential problem. Shaun has assembled a cracking squad and I hope he uses the array of talent to the full. A good win on Saturday and we'll all be delighted.  :P

I was amused that our Director of Football believes that I am the same person as Topshot. I'm not going to dignify this allegation with a response other than:-

There is a groundswell of opinion from the paying supporters that we have a potential problem looming with some of the more senior players (particularly in midfield). The two in the middle are not particularly mobile and all we crave is a balance AND ENTHUSIASM in there. The solutions are under our noses but appear to stay ignored. 

I agree that the league start has been fantastic but we cannot afford to inhabit a "fools paradise" believing that this start will continue with the favoured midfield pairing. 

This is a forum for opinions and, as a paying fan, I am entitled to give mine. All I want is success for my team.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee for some people!!  :lol:

I'm glad I amuse you, however I doubt its what I was brought in to do.

I have tonight signed two further midfield players to cover our extensive injury list. We'll see how long they stay in favour considering the answer is allegedly under our noses (quite how that is off an 18 man squad?)

We'll also have an additional loan striker.

I am more than aware of what we need to get to the promised land and that also its a game of opinions as I've been involved at the sharp end long enough. Good players are not as easy to get hold of as people think especially in this division, you have to make subtle changes to keep the balance of the dressing room and keep momentum going. Enthusiasm doesn't gain promotion, hard work and playing to the requirements of the Managers wishes does and if that means a direct tactic that in some games and on some surfaces gives us an ugly 1-0 win then i'll take another 30+ of them as it'll take us where we need to be. I'm not saying you directly are asking for 20 passes before we score but I've heard opinions they want a smooth passing game, which is great in their half of the pitch as when you lose possession you are under less threat, but mess around with a dozen passes in your own half and lose possession it can ultimately lead to concession of a goal and then needless 1-0 defeats or draws of which we factually suffered 12 of last season. 

Good to see cover is coming in and look forward to seeing a few new faces on Saturday. Pressure for places is always a good thing whatever level and im sure everyone will want to play in a winning team.

Its a long old season and we'll have ups and downs as will all the other teams around us. So long as come Easter we are there or thereabouts I dont think anyone will care.

Well done yesterday boys. I was impressed with one of our new signings yesterday even though he is only here for a month. It was nip and tuck really up until their keeper was carried off but credit to the lads for capitalising on the situation. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery to Killer, Jack, Phil and Ben who will all be extremely important for our progression on to bigger things ahead.  :P