Margaret Thatcher is dead

Bazj

To be fair ,about the unions , many thousands of people had genuine fears about their livelihoods but as has so often happened in 20th century union history the silent majority were cynically manipulated  by self seeking organisers  ,union leaders & the militant tendency  some for easy well paid jobs for the boys & others for political reasons . In that respect the unions did need reining in but , on the other hand,in the intervening years  the workplace has not been very kind to its employees....zero hours contracts, mostly agency work, part time work ,7 day working ,Bank holiday working. The modern workplace barely offers a voice or any redress to its workforce & the employment regulations come from Europe.

From the BBC

"Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness has said people should not celebrate the death of Baroness Thatcher.

The former prime minister died on Monday aged 87 after suffering a stroke while staying at the Ritz hotel in central London.

Later on Monday, "street parties" were held in Londonderry and west Belfast as well as other parts of the UK.

In a tweet, Mr McGuinness said people should "resist celebrating the death of Margaret Thatcher".

He added: "She was not a peacemaker but it is a mistake to allow her death to poison our minds."....."

It would appear that the people supposedly celebrating Maggies death had the usual agenda..... the poor hard done to people were stoning the police which were sent to "police" them.... says it all really

So anyone who didn't like the evil one were poor, stone throwing, disrespectful, morons :roll:  :roll: says it all really

Wolfie, don't be a complete arse.... I said the ones out celebrating the death of Maggie were the stone-throwing disrespectful morons....

Just because you don't like someone is not an excuse to take to the streets in celebration and clash with the police in doing so.... Many people did not like Maggie, many people did like Maggie.....many of the ones "celebrating " her death were not even old enough to remember her time in office..... some just use any excuse to have a pop at the Police.....

She will be remembered as the Woman that broke the Country, We are still trying to recover from the damage she did, after what she did to manurfacturing we became to relaint on the city. Down to her!!!!!!!!,

She will be remembered as the Woman that broke the Country, We are still trying to recover from the damage she did, after what she did to manurfacturing we became to relaint on the city. Down to her!!!!!!!!,

Are you saying that the Unions didn't need stopping?

Rather strange way to "stop the Unions"; demolish our manufacturing base, put them on the dole, then the sick, and leave lost generations of unemployment and benefit dependency, affecting whole communities, especially north of Watford Gap. Even Adolf couldn't manage that in WW2.

I don't thing the baroness was hated as much as people are making out. I believe that she was liked by more people than are admitting but, people being like sheep, are following those shouting the loudest of their hate for the woman because they don't wish to appear different and admit that they had an admiration for her. Many of the people partying after the announcement of her death were not even born while Mrs Thatcher was in politics so what would they know about anything? They were just using it as an excuse for some revellery.

• Upvote 1

I've just seen the plans for Thatchers grave, its beautiful but they should have made the dance floor bigger.

Edited by Dizzy
video link removed by Dizzy... unaccaptable language !!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't thing the baroness was hated as much as people are making out. I believe that she was liked by more people than are admitting but, people being like sheep, are following those shouting the loudest

The same could have been said about Hitler.

Clouds and a land of cuckoos comes to mind.

So she was solely responsible for all our ills. Nobody has ever mentioned the rest of her parliament who must have had a hand in deciding policy. Nobody ever mentions the faceless workers in the various government departments who advised her and her parliament on policy. Everybody blames the politician who, after all, is just the spokesperson. The advisers in the background never get a mention yet they are the same advisers who will still be there come the next government no matter what political party they belong to.

Governments come and go but the people in the various departments remain to advise. Something to think about come the next round of cuts etc. Yes minister?

• Upvote 1

I don't thing the baroness was hated as much as people are making out. I believe that she was liked by more people than are admitting but, people being like sheep, are following those shouting the loudest of their hate for the woman because they don't wish to appear different and admit that they had an admiration for her. Many of the people partying after the announcement of her death were not even born while Mrs Thatcher was in politics so what would they know about anything? They were just using it as an excuse for some revellery.

Are you kidding? I don't think any British politician in living memory was subject to more vitriol than she was:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/angelameiquan/21-incredibly-angry-songs-about-margaret-thatcher

To this day vast swathes of the UK are effectively no-go areas for the Tories making it difficult for them to win an election outright.

And yes, millions of young people never experience life under Thatcher, but they've lived under thatcherism all their lives.

Fugs.... if people STILL live under Thatcherism as you state.... why the hell do people still vote Lib-Dem, Tory or Labour???

It is an excuse for some to blame their lot on someone other than themselves...... are we still going to blame her in 20 years? even though manufacturing now is of greater financial value to the UK economy than it was in 1979; despite Thatcher supposedly destroying ALL of the manufacturing in the country?

It surprises me that you anti-Thatcher's aren't still blaming Hitler for ruining the country or why not go further and blame the Romans..... I mean what did they ever do for us??