Overseas Aid?

El Tea, I am myself, how could I be anyone else, now then back to spelling do you mean a heard animal as in making a noise or a herd animal as in being together, one can never be certain when one is reading your replies!. :D:wink:

And really, you ought to be ashamed of yourelf with your last reply you have slipped right back again. :wink:

:wink:

Heard animal actually does not make any sense, but as you are correcting me and attempting to be funny I thought it only polite :wink:

It's nuts! Britain is STILL giving aid to Brazil - even though it's richer than we are

Taxpayers are funding aid to Brazil even though it has become richer than Britain, Whitehall officials admitted yesterday.

Millions has been handed over in development aid in recent years despite the rapid rise of Brazil to the top rank of world economies.

And money is still going to the Latin American powerhouse in the week it was revealed to have overtaken Britain in the world’s economic league table.

article-2079628-0F4A385C00000578-783_468

Good times: Brazil, famous for its carnival in Rio de Janeiro (pictured), overtook Britain in the world's economic league table

The continuing aid to Brazil comes against a background of deepening criticism of the Coalition’s foreign aid plans and its determination to keep raising spending on development in supposedly poor countries.

David Cameron and his ministers are pledged to raise aid spending, currently worth £9billion a year and 0.57 per cent of national income, to 0.7 per cent. Aid spending went up by £1.24billion in the last financial year alone.

Brazil was this week listed as sixth in the world economic league table by the Centre for Economics and Business Research. The City think tank found that the country’s economy will produce more than $2.5trillion this year, pushing ahead of UK economic product, which will be just under the $2.5trillion mark.

Lt how do you justify this!.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jul/21/brazil-aid-donations-poverty-development

Have a read algy,

Why didn't you just post a link to the Daily Mail ?

Odd one news story, two competing views, perhaps News paper ought to change their names to opinionated reading material :wink:

What a revalation!!!, I'm well aware of the source as that is where I copied and pasted it from, are you trying to tell me that you don't obtain your information from the newspapers and the internet. There is little in the way of political discussion or other subjects for that matter that apears on any forum that is not sourced from the net. :shock:horror!

Again you fail to see the bigger picture,

India is the biggest democracy in the World, it also has a border with a failing State (Pakistan) it is doing no more than any other democracy would do when sharing a border with a failing State. Would you like India to be unstable as well Baz. Knowing what Obs is like with White immigrants I would not like to see him if a wave of non white immigrants came over again, his disguise would slip again.

If they have enough money of their own (and ours) to build aircraft carriers; they have enough money to police the border with Pakistan.... they choose not to do so and con people like you into believing they need our cash to stop terrorists when all the time they are building things like this.

The bigger picture Kije is that they are taking us for mugs

Meet India's new multibillion dollar aircraft carrier..... Launched yesterday.

I'm sure that Kije will be happy to know that our £280 million a year aid budget is still continuing to fund this until at least 2015...

article-2390112-1B426FEB000005DC-76_964x

I hope they do better with that than they do with their submarines!

Of course I KNOW Kije!  Your argument being, that "aid" stabilises these Countries; therefore if we sub the Egyptians all their instability will evaporate - obvious nonsense. Likewise, we're subbing Pakistan, and they don't come more "unstable" than that !  As I said, it's all notional, smoke and mirrors, without any tangible evidence of reciprocal benefit - and you fall for it!