Liverpool Duck Sinks

algy

Liverpool's iconic yellow tour 'Duck' (DKWS) amphibious vehicle sank in the Salthouse Dock on mon April 1st, one report said there were no passengers on board at the time, another report said it was full of tourists, personally you would not get me on board that thing for a 'gold clock'. The vehicle was designed for transporting troops and vehicles in the second world war!.

duckmarine-sinks-in-liverpool-s-albert-d

Have seen these tootling around Liverpool, father in law always wanted to go on the tour but we never seemed to find the time and now sadly too late for him. However even with one sinking would not put me off. The Titanic sank and people still go on cruise liners.

Be interesting to see what they find was the cause of this. they have been operating for 12 years with only a few minor problems I believe. All the passengers and crew were removed safely and it appears to have sank only after they started towing it in, which may be due to the way it was towed rather than anything else.