Budget Day -

observer

Think you'll find that these Tory bosses make strange bed fellows for you, they're all for immigration and EU membership - wonder why?!

I suspect any support they have  for membership of the EU would be for reasons taht differ from mine. It is possible to believe in the same policy for different reasons - just as , for some people , complaining about immigration (or, in the case of the EDL, a perceived threat from Islam) is merely a substitute for expressing their racism.

just as , for some people , complaining about immigration is merely a substitute for expressing their racism.

even more nonsense I see Nick....

go and ask the 1 million unemployed kids if they would prefer to have the low paid menial jobs that you advocate or if they would prefer them to go to Poles or Bulgarians.... all in the name of fairness of course..... just because people don't agree with foreigners taking jobs here that could be done by our own people and thus reducing the benefits bills that doesn't mean they are racist

but of course you are of the ilk that thinks that any negative mention of immigration automatically makes someone an out and out racist.... I think you will find you are in a serious minority there

They are going to Poles (the Bulgarians will be along later!), cos they tend to have a better "work ethic", will do as they're told without any questions and will tend to take lower pay levels; many will be over-qualified for the jobs they are actually doing - however, it's all better than what's available in Poland evidently. The reluctance (if it's the case?), of indigenous youngsters or employers, to actually take or get these jobs, needs to be challenged. But I do find it strange that anyone can live on dole nowadays, if these jobs are available?

Firstly; surgeons do operations!

Secondly, is it right that we would be depriving vulnerable people in India of a qualified doctor when we have one trained up to do the job? Or is the Indian doctor just another economic migrant?

You just don't get it - do you Kije?  We shouldn't even be placed in that position. We should be educating and training sufficient BRITISH nationals (who could be Black btw!), to fill skilled vacancies in our economy. BTW. wern't they outsourcing operations to India some time ago, allowing Brits to get cheap operations; or have the Indian's now run out of Doctors, due to them coming over here?! :lol:

With the high numbers of unemployed indigenous youngsters in this country, we should be asking why our education and training sector isn't producing the right skills to fill these vacancies

There isn't a skill shortage with "indigenous youngsters", obs, there's a vacancy shortage.

They are going to Poles (the Bulgarians will be along later!), cos they tend to have a better "work ethic", will do as they're told without any questions and will tend to take lower pay levels; many will be over-qualified for the jobs they are actually doing.

Looks to me that you'd like our indigenous youngsters to be more like them Poles.

You could see them as a positive influence if you wanted to.

even more nonsense I see Nick....

go and ask the 1 million unemployed kids if they would prefer to have the low paid menial jobs that you advocate or if they would prefer them to go to Poles or Bulgarians.... all in the name of fairness of course..... just because people don't agree with foreigners taking jobs here that could be done by our own people and thus reducing the benefits bills that doesn't mean they are racist

but of course you are of the ilk that thinks that any negative mention of immigration automatically makes someone an out and out racist.... I think you will find you are in a serious minority there

Bazzy Babe - I suggest you wipe the angry spittle from your screen - that may enable you to read that I put "some" - there are those who refer to someone whose family have been here for generations as immigrants , those who slag off immigrants while talking to  white people who have moved here from our former colonies and then add "of course I don't mean you"   - and presumably not Nigel Farage's French Wife - they are the wrong colour.

To be lectured by YOU  on how I should react to those I disagree with is laughable !

Fugtifuno: there won't be any "vacancies" if the jobs have been taken by foreign labour; and there must be a "skills shortage" if we're importing medical professionals to keep the NHS going !  The problem was, the Labour Luvvies, instead of planning education priorities to meet the economic requirements of the Country (EG: Doctors, Engineers, Scientists etc);  they opted for a dumbed down system of getting youngsters to Uni for it's own sake, with the proliferation of mickey mouse degrees; useless in the real world; and at the same time neglected vocational training in those sectors demanded by the economy (EG apprenticeships in trades). Then to completely confound this folly, along came the Tories and LibDums, to start charging students for the privilage of getting a usefull degree. Like I've said many times, they can't see beyond the next election.

Any difference has been blurred for some time now!  But this gov increased it radically, with the libs doing a u-turn.

The new system actually makes it more affordable to pay back.

It is a shame that the fee wasn't scrapped and that the burden was shifted more from the taxpayer to the student - that's the reality of coalition politics, you can't get all your policies through (as evidenced by the whinging of right wing tory back-benchers)