Budget Day -

observer

Well said Obs ! This is where the government should be laying the law down to utility companies who increase prices just because they want more profits ,but this should be a Europe wide issue to help out all the countries who are going through a rough economic period.If consumers noticed they had more money available to spend it would soon kick start the economy especially in the service & manufactured goods sectors. Interestingly, there was a news article a couple of weeks ago about an American firm which had re opened one of its factories in America because the wage cost in China, to where production had been moved ,had soared making it cheaper to move back to America. I feel confident that as soon as wages in the UK have fallen to 3rd world standard then jobs will suddenly flood back into the UK !

Meanwhile , i hear that all police leave has been cancelled this weekend due to an expected rises in revellers rejoicing  at new reduced beer prices !

Look Kije, I've jousted with you luvvies for years and I know how you operate - IE: ignore the message and taint the messenger. It's worked up to now, by locking the immigration issue in the closet, as no one would dare raise it in case they were labelled (by your breed) as racists - the usual shout down. But the advance of UKIP has now firmly put the issue on the table. You don't believe for one minute that Millipede, and now even Clegg, would be U-turning on the issue, if their focus groups wern't reflecting majority concerns.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obs, Since I have been on here you rarely talk about anything else and try to turn any thread you can on to your Obsession. You cant stop yourself again with your bullshit, A majority concern, If that was true Obs, UKIP would have the majority of MPs, they clearly don't so you are wrong, They did not win in East Leigh, I think you will find the Liberals did. So stop the bullshit it is clearly not a majority. You want to make it so, but it is not!!!!!!

Stop being blinkered and live up to your name and Observe, and don't make up want you cannot see, such as the school :wink:

Well, fact: from their Ivory Towers, Millipede has conceded that Labour "got it wrong" on immigration, Clegg has just come up with an half-baked idea to charge immigrants a deposit to stop over-stayers of visas. This hasn't happened on the way to Damascus, they've knocked on doors at Eastliegh and elsewhere, no doubt consulted their focus groups, and are now being forced to catch up with public concerns. They said the same things about the SNP in Scotland, even designed a constitution that would make it harder for them to secure a majority in their Parliament, but the Scots prefered an alternative to the three main tired and detached Parties. The number of MPs is irrelevent, think you'll find they'll be looking at the share of the vote, and if they start losing their share to UKIP, they'll modify their policies accordingly - cynical yes, but that's politics.

Seems Dave has now jumped onto the bandwagon, calling for a residence qualification for immigrants applying for social housing; which suggests he doesn't "get it";  the question is how are they being allowed into the Country in the first place, never mind the hpusing waiting lists.

You are wrong Peter, Enoch's speech has not come true, Obs uses fear and LIES, As he has,I have jousted for years with people who use ignorance, fear and lies to make a points on immigration, which distorts the whole debate, Odd that you have let his lie go. It's a good job that some do strive for balance, and will continue to do so!!!!

Quite the opposite o' toga wearing one;  it's your ilk that's tried to keep the issue off the agenda for decades; but now have been forced to actually debate it - I've not heard a counter yet to my suggestions (aside from the flippant one from Nick), on how the system could be organised and improved.

Kije, not for me to say whether people are lying or not. Just pointing out the facts of how this has been debated before you joined the forum.

Didn't you say the other day that Enoch was right??? never mind. Us lot on here won't change the thinking of others no matter how much is pontificated.

Probably why there are less of the regulars on here. Some years back, a political section was asked for to keep politics out of the normal topics. sadly, very little else is discussed. Got your bag packed ready for Hinkley?? :wink:

Well, it seems Msrs Cameron, Milliband & Clegg have joined the fear spreaders then, judging by their latest "hard on immigration" announcements OR maybe, they're just playing catch up with public opinion?! The problem is, they "don't get it"; the issue isn't so much what the immigrants get up to once they're here; but how they get here in the first place.  Even a night club doorman has more idea than they seem to have!

Apparently , immigrants from Eastern Europe are supposedly less of a drain on the welfare system than our own people ,according to government figures ,so the solution should be easy...repatriate the foreigners &  mind the stampede as the benefit dependant British rush to take their vacant jobs.

Far from it; any immigrant in this country will require public services for their families; if they are in low paid menial work, they will be paying little or no tax towards it.

An individuals contribution - even if only measured economically is more than their own take home pay - there are plenty of companies - particularly  SMEs sector- and public services -,  that rely on those in "low paid menial work".

Didn't realise you were an advocate for cheap labour Nick?!  With the high numbers of unemployed indigenous youngsters in this country, we should be asking why our education and training sector isn't producing the right skills to fill these vacancies; perhaps many have a degree in dance or media studies, and view these jobs as menial, or perhaps some just can't get out of bed in a morning? Either way, that's what requires tackling - as Gordie said "British jobs for British workers" !

Didn't realise you were an advocate for cheap labour Nick?!  With the high numbers of unemployed indigenous youngsters in this country, we should be asking why our education and training sector isn't producing the right skills to fill these vacancies; perhaps many have a degree in dance or media studies, and view these jobs as menial, or perhaps some just can't get out of bed in a morning? Either way, that's what requires tackling - as Gordie said "British jobs for British workers" !

I'm not in favour of cheap labour - just making the point that a lot of businesses - including many run by tory voting d***heads who whinge about benefits - pay p*** poor wages . They are the indirect recipients of vast amount of benefits, where the state is subsidising their businesses through the money it shells out to their workforces.