What Book/s Are You Reading Now?

Chris

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i thought this was a family forum :P

anyhow back to topic just finished murder on the orient express, agatha christie and feet of clay, terry pratchet. currently reading the best of fritz leiber. a series of short science fantasy stories with slightly dark ovetones.

Originally posted by TLC:

Anyone read stephen kings series called 'the dark tower'? My brother is passing them on to me this weekend. he has raved over them, just wondered if any of you have read them?

I'm about four books through. you're lucky, it's taken about 15 years for him to write them. You need to start from book one. If you like "the Stand" and his other non-horror but fantasy books you should be okay with these

• 1 month later...

Now reading 'Kokoda' by Peter Fitzsimmons (an ex-Wallaby - er, Aust rugby union rep) - Kokoda was an iconic battle (or series of battles) fought by the Australian troops against the Japanese in New Guinea in WW2. The campaign was waged in horrendous jungle/mountain terrain. As WW1's Gallipoli campaign played a large part in defining the Australian character and because of that has iconic status, then so too Kokoda is similarly lauded. The book is well researched, but an easy, entertaining read. Recommended!

Originally posted by Drunken Max:

Originally posted by TLC:

Anyone read stephen kings series called 'the dark tower'? My brother is passing them on to me this weekend. he has raved over them, just wondered if any of you have read them?

I'm about four books through. you're lucky, it's taken about 15 years for him to write them. You need to start from book one. If you like "the Stand" and his other non-horror but fantasy books you should be okay with these
I am on the third book now. Once i stopped having the nightmares after book one i really got into them. :wink:

Originally posted by Adrian:

I cant put one of his down once I start reading them, so yes. Best to read them in order though as the Mitch Rapp character development is better understood that way, Although give him his due, he refers back to key incidents so they can be read as stand alone.

Adrian, I thought I was reading them in order after heeding your advice, until I read the one where he got married AFTER the one where she got killed.

So I e-mailed the publishers, and got them to send me the order of publishing, and to my dismay, I have read the last 4 books but not the first 4(which I haven't found yet.)

Ah well, c'est la vie. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...