What Book/s Are You Reading Now?

Chris

Oooh forgot to say what I'm currently reading - Londonstani by Gautam Malkani - it's an odd book written entirely in British Asian Rudeboy slang (if you want to know what a Brit Asian rudeboy is - go down to Wilmslow road - there are plenty there!) I don't particularly identify with the book but I can see people who would. It's certainly an interesting way to write a book!

Also reading:"Lazy Ways to Make a Living" by Abigail Bosanko and "Moth Smoke" by Mohsin Hamid.

I have a habit of reading 2 or three books at the same time (not literally) - depending on what mood I am in!

The best book I could recommend to give an insight into the unpleasant but heart rending side of Pakistani culture would be "The Holy Woman" by Qaisra Sheraz - you can get it on Amazon.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that many a good author has stated that Jane Eyre was the best written book ever. I believe the last person I read to say that was Rex Stout.

Didn't get it yet - went to the beach instead - ahh there is always tomorrow :wink:

I cant put one of his down once I start reading them, so yes. Best to read them in order though as the Mitch Rapp character development is better understood that way, Although give him his due, he refers back to key incidents so they can be read as stand alone.

Im attempting to read the Silmarillion by Tolkien. It's a lot more wordy than the Lord of the Rings.

Ive spoken to people who can have tried to read it and found it boring but im finding it extremely interesting. Has anyone else here read it and if so what do you think?

After i finish that i have Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky.

Mary, hope the exam went well - will send you an email within the next few days......Let me know how you got on!

I am now reading "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth. The setting is post partition of Pakistan and India but the issues the characters face are just as relevant today as they were back then. It's a lengthy book but I am enjoying it so far....

• 3 weeks later...