What Book/s Are You Reading Now?

Chris

I usually have more than one book on the go at any one time, so my current list is:

*'Scott of the Antarctic' by David Crane;

*'Stalin a Biography' by Robert Service;

*'The Great War for Civilisation The Conquest

of the Middle East' by Robert Fisk; and

*'Cloudstreet' by Tim Winton

Highly recommend each one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am currently working my way through my agatha christie books. the last one i read was curtains:-poirots last case.

next on the list will either be third girl or the mysterious mr quinn.

once i have finished those, sometime during the next week or so i will have a look at some of the books that i have been given to me by my uncle. most of these are about the second world war the rest being historical ones dealing with the last 100 years or so.

Just finished Iris by John Bayley about Iris Murdock. I have read it before, but jusy had to read it again because i liked it so much. Next on the go is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron. This was recommended by my local librarian Karen. I will let you know when i have read it what i think.

Dancing in the Distraction Factory: Music Television and Popular Culture, Inside MTV and Rocking Around the Clock: Music Television, Postmodernism and Consumer Culture I am also reading various Journals called 'Getting Dumber and Dumber: MTV's Global Footprint and Music Television', 'The Invention of Youth Culture in India' and 'American Cultural Imperialism & Media Globalisation.

No Prize for guessing what topic I am researching. Tis very interesting.

• 2 months later...

Letter from America by Alistair Cooke. I like it because, as the title says, its a series of short essays. As you probably know Alistair Cooke broadcast his weekly Letter from America on the BBC for 58 years and gave an insight on the happenings on that continent long before the age of satellites gave us instant news. A good read. Excellent at bedtime. :P

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by tonymailman:

'Hells Angel' by Ralph 'Sonny' Barger ...

Have you read Hells Angels by Hunter S. Thompson? It's quite a good read, he hangs round with Sonny Barger in the book and gives amazing insight into the overly stereotyped image of the Hells Angels.

:)