Lancashire Cycleway by Jon Sparks

Jon will be talking about his new book, published by Cicerone Press, The Cycleway comprises two distinct loops, each around 130 miles(225km) in length, which meet at Whalley in the Ribble valley. Along with everything we have come to expect from Cycerone guides, there is also some helpful advice for those new to cycling or cyline touring.
He's appearing at STANFORDS, 39 Spring Gnds Manchester 26th May 2005, 7:00pm. (0161 831 0250) to for further info and tickets which I'm sure are free.

I had forgotten - cycling across Northern England is one of the super tourist goals. Then taking a canal barge through rural France... intercontinental train from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok.... one time goals for this burned out hulk of an earthling. Still, none of can do it all. I saw a book advertised this weekend called 1,000 places to see before you die. I'm not even going to look at the table of contents, but you guys, you go ahead.