20 years ago today (26 Feb 1993) Gas works bomb

Dizzy

A date that I'd forgotten but was on the tv news tonight...... today is 20 years since  :

26 February 1993 when the IRA bombs exploded in the early hours of the morning at the gas storage facility on Winwick Road causing a huge fireball and evacuation the whole area..

A brave police officer, 25 year old PC Mark Stoker, stopped a car on Sankey Street in connection with the incident and he was shot by the terrorists (but thankfully not fataly) after stopping a van connected to the attacks.

Many other brave officers and other services also risked their lives that night and the following days

Sadly as we all know that was the first but not the last attack on Warrington that year :(

I am glad to say that it is hard for my kids to get their heads around things like this happening in somewhere like Warrington.

This , along with other atrocities committed both sides of the Irish sea, should serve as reminder of what happens when one part of society demonizes and dehumanises  another, allowing them to carry out such acts against fellow human beings.