Rate rise?

observer

Correction the rise is 1.98% - just 0.02% below the increase level that would mean a public vote on the increase.

What with this and the local Labour Youth Wing protesting against a vote being held on the EU, not just campaigning for a yes vote when the time comes, I guess our lords and masters in Warrington Labour just don't trust us plebs to vote correctly.

Notice the Local LibDums are kicking off that they have no representation on some Police Cttee; thought the idea of electing a PPC had got rid of Police Cttes?  Do they get paid as well?  Aside from taking the blame for less coppers or higher precepts, one wonders why they've bothered with these PCC's?

Notice the Local LibDums are kicking off that they have no representation on some Police Cttee; thought the idea of electing a PPC had got rid of Police Cttes?  Do they get paid as well?  Aside from taking the blame for less coppers or higher precepts, one wonders why they've bothered with these PCC's?

I read that only 7% of those eligible to vote bothered to do so. I guess it's another gay marriage priority !

1.99% increase for the police Obs.

See John Dwyers letter to Stephen Broomhead WBC here

http://www.cheshire-pcc.gov.uk/Document-Library/Responses/2013-02-15-Letter-re-police-and-crime-panel.pdf

I think I read something recently where it said the 1.99% police increase will equate to about £3 extra per house per year.  I could be wrong though.

No idea about the fire servise  or whether any local parish councils have increased their precepts too. 

• 4 weeks later...
Cheshire Fire precept up by 1-95 percent. The average bill for band D is roughly £62 a year. Average rise is around £1-24 a year. Not bad value for money then.

with everything else that has gone up in price during the last year and the fact we now have to make do with less bin collections and pay for a police commissioner.... it is a bloody rip off in my opinion. How many people have even had a £62.00 pay rise this year let alone rises to cover gas/electric/petrol rises?