Video - The Demise of Bridge Street.

algy

Absolutely brilliant yet again. Can you put them on DVD? You could make a fortune.

Is it possible to leave the subs up longer?

Peter, it is difficult as you have to synchronise the start and end of the written sentence with the audio dialogue of the video, ie. start too early and the sentence begins before the mouth opens, end too late and the mouth has closed or you overlap the next typed sentence, it really is a balancing act to try and put enough into the typed sentence to make it entertaining against the total realism of the video audio. it consists of simple maths (adding/subtraction) and testing, then in most instances correction before moving on to the next piece of dialogue, it's a good job I'm retired or I wouldn't have time to do it, I take approximately 10 to 12 hours over two or three days for me to do a 4 minute video. I have tried making a script before starting and found it a total waste of time, so I start then see where the plot takes me. The major problem is they don't get much viewing on You Tube as it is only the Warringtonians that show any interest, so a DVD wouldn't be really be worthwhile.

I couldn't resist inserting the two sketches of Arthur Bennetts interpretation of how he saw Warrington in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve....

so you borrow £50 million to start the project and then finace the other £80 million through some kind of PFI deal (that your former glorious leader Gordon Brown was so fond of.....) and our great great grandkids carry on paying it off??

Bit of a 'cleft stick' this one, if we wish to save Bridge Street or any other part of Warrington's town centre then we have to accept it will cost a great deal of the towns expenditure, personally where the money comes from does not concern me, we badger the council to do something positive and when they do we hit them over the head with a 'big stick', the people of the town put them in power so leave them to get on with it, if they make a mess of the project then we can criticise them, until then I suggest that for now, we should 'put up and shut up'.

Algy, What haven't they made a mess of? 

the flod defenses along Knutsford rd are about 4 to 6 ft high. mJust where is all this water coming from that we need barriers that high?  If the water rises that high all of warrington will be under water.#

How can it be ok to be millions of pounds in debt, cut needed services and yet keep spending like there is no tomorrow. If they hadn't added Golden Square 2, boots and others would still be in bridge Street?

Until they sort the road system out, they shouldn't be doing anything that will bring more cars to Warrington.

• Upvote 2

Isn't that what all politicians want you to do?

Wolfie, regarding your reply you are possibly correct. I wasn't suggesting we should 'put up and shut up' over everything, just in this instance where we have badgered them to do something about regenerating Bridge street, sit back and wait see what happens, let's face it I don't think we could influence the outcome whatever we say.

It's a 'speculate to accumulate' type of situation isn't it? Spend to make Bridge St more attractive and, well, attract more people. Leave everywhere to de-generate, people start avoiding Warrington as it has a reputation for being grotty, decline in footfall, traders start pulling out etc etc.