Another look into pot-holes (deeper this time)

harry hayes

May have a wander around today and have a look at my local area and see if I can bump into the "community wardens" and ask them what exactly their role in the community is.

Might also take the camera with me and take a few pictures of not just the roads but the footpaths. May surprise one or two people, or maybe not. Given the state of the footpaths in our area I am v ery surprised that the council have not had any claims for personal injury against them.

You just dont get it do you?

The council traffic and safety management believe that eventually all potholes will combine into one covering the whole road.

this rough road surface will deter motorists  from travelling at more than ten miles per hour,and will remove the need to introduce road humps.

this  will leave the pavements free for cyclists  and  will save the council millions of pounds

Especially if there are no lights at night, there will be no traffic and hence no need for police overtime.

• 2 months later...

Revived this discussion to note that Chris Vobes is now looking into the pothole situation for his constituents as reported on the front page. So maybe a word in your councillors lughole during their next open surgery may get a bit of attention paid to the problem, Yeah right was the cynical reply. When was the last time you heard of your councillor holding a surgery.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of videos from Poland

Or still in Poland, Krakow city council had the bright idea of asking people to sponsor a pot hole, in return for paying to have one filled your name would be put on a web page. Surprisingly there was no takers.

I mentioned the ones on the roundabout where they are building that massive Omega development... surely the council should have made it a pre-requisite of any development that the developer resurfaced the roads leading to it.....the surface is falling to pieces now; can you imagine when 200 trucks an hour are running round it?

Also, if they don't do something BEFORE the first warehouse is opened; they are definitely going to have to do it very soon afterwards and that will entail them then trying to divert 200 trucks an hour via the only other access route to the Omega on that side of the motorway; and that is through Burtonwood!!!

I wonder if Terry O'Neil has noticed that and I wonder how soon it gets done now that I have pointed it out to him!!! :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

Mock them if you will, at least their council are making some attempt at filling pot holes in, pity the UK doesn't take a leaf out of their book!. :roll:

But the repairs won't ;last long, on the busy road as in the first video the holes will be back within hours.

But the repairs won't ;last long, on the busy road as in the first video the holes will be back within hours.

Pretty much the same as some around here then.  The more recent Stockton Heath Forge carpark crater repairs for example are already breaking up as are the edges of many others on roads that have had quick fix token repairs around here to.

Is it the same in other areas Warrington or is the south unique? Surely it must cost them far more to keep going back to repair them across warrington that it would cost do to do them properly in the first place

The stupid councillors and officers no doubt do it to tick boxes. They can get loads of patch ups done more quickly and cheaply than doing one or two roads properly.... I guess their attitude is; sod the public and sod the cost as it isn't our money anyway.....

I mentioned the ones on the roundabout where they are building that massive Omega development... surely the council should have made it a pre-requisite of any development that the developer resurfaced the roads leading to it.....the surface is falling to pieces now; can you imagine when 200 trucks an hour are running round it?

Also, if they don't do something BEFORE the first warehouse is opened; they are definitely going to have to do it very soon afterwards and that will entail them then trying to divert 200 trucks an hour via the only other access route to the Omega on that side of the motorway; and that is through Burtonwood!!!

I wonder if Terry O'Neil has noticed that and I wonder how soon it gets done now that I have pointed it out to him!!! :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

and less than a week later....

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/15753/1/Work-due-on-M62-J8-roundabout/Page1.html

Morning Cllr O'Neil..... :lol:

They are more than holes at the mo - they are gullies and about 6 inches deep!

My concern is if the relaying is done to the same spec as before then we'll be back here very quickly considering the amount of additional traffic this area is now going to suffer from. Dualing all the major exit roads will also be necessary soon as this jnc reached capacity ages ago.

Another thing; it has become apparent that WBC are allowing their road markings to be done using B&Q emulsion paint and after a few weeks they all but disappear and chaos ensues.... Can we get back to the days when it wasn't just paint, but almost like a white concretey type paste that hardened and became almopst part of the tarmac and lasted for years?