Carlton Club

Tracey Bennett

I do have a photo I took of the Carlton Club entrance, back in the 1980's, but be damned if I can get the image from Photobucket to here. Dizzy very kindly offered assistance through the help page, but it still doesn't work!

Time for a pint and a chill out....and try again another day.

Bill, isn't it amazing how out of the question taxis were in those days even though buses were not much better than they are now. Today nobody thinks twice about booking a taxi .

Many, many times have I dithered at the bar with the vexed question of taxi or one more pint? I usually walked home ....

I do have a photo I took of the Carlton Club entrance, back in the 1980's, but be damned if I can get the image from Photobucket to here. Dizzy very kindly offered assistance through the help page, but it still doesn't work!

Time for a pint and a chill out....and try again another day.

You should have waited a second MiddleC as I was reading this and saw your photo link which we could at least click on to see your lovely pic. Now you've deleted it.... but hey I was changing your link code for you as a temporary measure. Good job it's still in my 'clip board'

Here's your picture :wink:

TheheartofWarrington_zpse0c594fc.jpg

Thanks Dizzy, as usual you are a diamond.

Now tell me what you did, and will it work for me next time?

Replied on the other topic to you Middlec and yes it will definately work for you providing you are not to frazzled and can follow my ramblings :)  :wink:  Try the last 'shorter' way first though ie last post first.