Wigan vs Wolves Away - RIP OFF !!

Dizzy

Sorry and it's not normal for me to post in this section BUT ....

Ticket prices for this weekends Warrington away match vs Wigan are well over the top !!!!

£23 for an adult ticket ??

£15 for concessions, students and juniors ??

Taking the 'p' of you ask me :evil:    :oops:

Sorry and it's not normal for me to post in this section BUT ....

Ticket prices for this weekends Warrington away match vs Wigan are well over the top !!!!

£23 for an adult ticket ??

£15 for concessions, students and juniors ??

Taking the 'p' of you ask me :evil:    :oops:

Well they can charge as much as they like and fools will  still pay it. They know that and same with anything else. Always people who are willing to pay through their noses for anything they want and thus prices will continue to rise as long as people are willing to pay. If the stadiums were empty for a game or two the ticket prices would soon drop. If goods were left on the shelves in the shops long enough the prices will begin to tumble.

I can't remember how much the admission charge for watching the game was in the 50's and 60's but I know a man who will(LL) and how it compares relatively with today's admission charge taking in account, inflation and average wages. C'mon Latch, you know you can do it. For instance, say it was two quid...how much does that two quid compare with today.

OK Safe's you asked for it...

Here goes....

in 1962 Wilderspool charged 9d for boys and 5/- for men...

Now calculating that against the average earnings calculator (link to the site is at the top of this page) then that equates to  £1.43 for boys and £9.51p for men.

A seat in the North Stand today is £27.50 for men and £18 for boys I think...being a season ticket holder I have a good discount,But I am sure there must have been one back then.

Remember Safe's back in the Good Old Days of 1962  :wink:

nikita.gif

May have been a rip off but 20,050 went to alive televised game!

Pretty exciting one as well and great advert for the game.

Not questioning the superb quality on display last night,in fact it was the best game I have watched for a fair while.

The thread concerned the cost of enjoying it live against on the box.

When I had a Sky subscription I watched the game with the sound muted which got me thinking...In this now hi-tec age couldn't it be possible via the red button to watch the game but could only hear the noise of the crowd ? It would mean you could still enjoy the atmsophere but minus the inane ramblings of the commentators.

Got to admit that this last couple of seasons the main two presenters have become embarrassing in the extreme to the point where I wonder if sky are not coaching them to appeal to a certain demographic type of subscriber, in which case I take great exception to skys overall impression of the average viewer.

They certainly present League and Union in a completely different fashion.

Same as years ago when the BBC did exactly the same stunt via Eddie Waring's pantomime type performances.

In direct contrast to Bill McClarens solid if boring portrait of Union games.

Still not had a reply from the club in asking just why they have banned nicotine dispensers....Shows just how much they value season ticket holders...I expect the next communication I receive from the the club will be the usual junk mail telling me what great value a season ticket will be next season. Incidentally we had a visitor who's a steward at the Piedome and they have no objection to the use of such devices.

Re the 'nicotine dispensers' or 'electronic cigarettes'.... well I can see why they are not acceptable as some look identical to REAL cigarettes and even give off smoke etc.  It would be very hard for stewards to differentinate between people smoking real cigs and the alternatives from a distance and with 1000's of people at matches (no pun intended) how would they check who was smoking what ?  

Best not to allow any sort IMO for ease of regulating and fire safety and to not cause any confusion and give others a reason to light up when they think the bloke/woman a few rows away has got away with it so they can.... not knowing that theirs is actually a fake  cig :wink:

Fire safety at the Halliwell Jones Stadium ? Even with an unlimited supply of petrol  the most dedicated of arsonists wouldn't be able to set fire to the place. It's made of nowt but concrete and steel. Whatever next ? Hard hats and hi-viz vests for the speccies should the sky happen to fall on us ?

:lol:  :lol: Now there's an image in my head..... you forgot safety glasses too just incase a finger from a waving arm pokes you in the eye.

Fair point about the concrete Halliwell as that didn't occur to me when I mentioned fire safety :oops:

Smoking is banned in public places and I still think it would be very hard for them to differentiate between people like you with your elec cigs and the sneaky ones who would light up real cigs in the hope they wouldn't be noticed or stub them out quickly IF they spotted a steward approaching.

One daft rule is about the flags though.  My son and his mates were not allowed to take theirs in and the steward said it was because it could catch fire if somone had a lighter.  Strange !?!  They replied 'should we take all out clothes off too then just incase... '  :lol:

Back to the smoking though... surely you can go a whole match without needing to have a puff on a cig to calm your nerves  :P

Of course I can manage a couple of hours without a fag but the drunks don't seem to be able to manage a couple of hours without alcohol...They are continually going back and too to the bar to feed their addiction disturbing everybody else, up down up down up down....The club could take a leaf out of football's book and only allow alcohol to be consumed at the bar. Could it be drunks bring in a considerable amount of revenue on match days whilst myself with my harmless nicotine dispenser doesn't ? The device I use doesn't even look like a ciggie, it looks like a pen.

Fire safety at the Halliwell Jones Stadium ? Even with an unlimited supply of petrol  the most dedicated of arsonists wouldn't be able to set fire to the place. It's made of nowt but concrete and steel. Whatever next ? Hard hats and hi-viz vests for the speccies should the sky happen to fall on us ?

Halifax fans had a damn good try to set it on fire.

Halifax fans had a damn good try to set it on fire.

True...

But.....

No Fags... No Flags...or inflamable vacuum flasks.....

But a storage cupboard left unlocked and full of inflamable material by our ever vigilant  Security Enforcers staff .....(or so we were led to believe by local newspaper reports)...

Maybe a induction course on how to lock doors ??????