Beefburgers

wolfie

We don't eat burgers of any description, they contain sub standard meat contaminated with gut and offal, some ground bone, gristle and eye balls, and I believe that in the USA one large company selling burger products used what is commonly known as "Pink Slime" which consists of spare beef trimmings (basically what you would see on the floor after processing) that have been treated with ammonium hydroxide to make them safe and at least semi-palatable - 'NO THANK YOU". :shock:

If you want to eat burgers then make your own at home. They are easy enough to make and you know what is going into them and they taste much better than shop bought burgers.

The only way you can be certain of what you are eating!.

Having worked in a number of hotels belonging to a huge international hotel company, I have experience of what goes on in a hotel kitchen, I'm aIways thoughtful when eating out, although we often do.

Heres a couple of tips - never upset the serving staff, waiters etc. and never send a meal back to the kitchen

Since watching the program on tv about briitain's dirty restaurants and even dirtier staff, I would never ever eat out at a restaurant again. Especially after seeing rats and roaches running all over food and not to mention the guy who peed into a jar of tomatoe ketchup, watresses and kitchen staff blowing snot out of their noses and spitting onto food before serving it up to customers. Enough to make one spill one's guts out.

I saw a similar programme some years ago too Cleo and it put me off while I was watching it but afterwards, and looking at it realistically, they only showed a small handful of alleged dirty premises and there are so many thousands more that are perfectly fine and with very high standards. 

I guess the TV programme's wouldn't get as many viewers if they showed those ones though and lets face it viewers are what they want :wink:

Around here there are checks and ratings on most food places and details are available to view online but at the end of the day as long as the snot is piping hot and cooked thoroughly  then it shouldn't casue any problem and would the vinegar and acids in ketchup kill off the germs in wee ? :lol:

Sorry... maybe that was a little too much. :lol:

What are the food hygene rules like in Egypt and do you have restaurants, pub food, cafes and take-a-ways over there ? 

I saw a similar programme some years ago too Cleo and it put me off while I was watching it but afterwards, and looking at it realistically, they only showed a small handful of alleged dirty premises and there are so many thousands more that are perfectly fine and with very high standards. 

I guess the TV programme's wouldn't get as many viewers if they showed those ones though and lets face it viewers are what they want :wink:

Around here there are checks and ratings on most food places and details are available to view online but at the end of the day as long as the snot is piping hot and cooked thoroughly  then it shouldn't casue any problem and would the vinegar and acids in ketchup kill off the germs in wee ? :lol:

Sorry... maybe that was a little too much. :lol:

What are the food hygene rules like in Egypt and do you have restaurants, pub food, cafes and take-a-ways over there ? 

Dizz, all the checks in the world will not stop an individual from contaminating your food if you upset them, unfortunately the catering trade are not generous with their saleries, and that can and does reflect on the standard of staff prepared to work for low wages, I hasten to add that there are people that are employed in these restaurants and hotels that are descent well mannered individuals, however there are always rotten apples in every barrel.

To be honest, I don't really think there are any food hygene rules in Egypt, judging by the state of many of the eateries but as you say there are in Uk there are many quite pleasant and clean ones - if you know where to look. We don't have pubs, being a muslim country. That is one improvement on the UK, towns and cities not full of young drunks falling about, vomiting, fighting at the weekends. Actually no alcohol related problems at all. There are thousands of take-aways and many of the restaurants do a delivery service where you can order anything by phone upto a full family meal and the food is always hot when it arrives.

So the best way is not to upset them and to always ask politely if you need your food warming up or if there is something wrong with it then Algy :wink: 

I've never had any problems eating out (although I don't do it very often really) but loads of people I know eat out many times a week and have never had any problems either.  Infact my two would probably say that eating out 7 nights a week would be far safer than having me cook  :lol:

I think your above first sentence sums it up correctly and should always be your approach, however there will always be customers who enjoy making a scene and will verbally abuse staff, these are the types that will inevitably invite retribution from staff when food is returned to the kitchen.

I did say that we still eat out and always will, as I said previously, that the majority of staff in the catering trade are well mannered and decent individuals.