Online shopping!

Gary

More and more people are shopping online these days (according to the press reports) so we have re-launched our online shopping mall if you want to treat friends elsewhere in the country or abroad to a gift or are just searching for something for yourself.

Something to suit most tastes - if you are looking for something in particular let us know and we will see if we can open a new shop just for you!

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/14854/1/Online-Shopping-Mall/Page1.html

You can get some great bargains - and a small commission from every sale helps fund this website and forum! :wink:

I know most of you hate the adverts - but we do depend on them to bring you your daily news and your gossip on the forum!

Compared to most sites this one is almost advert free and the ads are not that intrusive, they don't pop out at you when you are trying to read anything on the site and the ones at the header of the forum topics can be quite amusing as we have found out in the past. Will have a look at some but not really into buying online they do,however,give me some ideas fro gifts etc. Who knows maybe one day they will manage to drag me kicking and screaming into the 20th century and get me to buy more online.

May be even the 21st century Sid!

I started buying online about five years ago - in fact did most ofmy Christmas shopping online.

But it didn't feel the same as the hustle and bustle of going around the shops.

Whent to the old Christmas Market this year in Golden Square with my daughters and that was magical and made it feel like Christmas.

Mind you with the demise of HMV now looks like I will have to buy online for music and DVDs now!

It was the only shop at Christmas I turned away from because the queues were too long!

Didn't look like something which was about to go bump!

Tell you what, I'd bet the queues at HMV weren't half as long as those at the Royal Mail on Milner Street as people tried to get their undelivered packages.

Ordering online is great for the younger generation because they can simply have all their stuff delivered to their parent's house and of course they don't mind waiting in for two weeks on the run up to Christmas  :( .

Bill :)

I wondered about the legality of refusing to honour vouchers and gift cards when Comet did it.

Surely if a gift card is not going to be honoured by a retailler who is still trading (albeit in administration) then that gift card is, by definition, faulty and not fit for purpose. Sale of Goods Act should guarantee that the holder receives a full refund.

Compared to most sites this one is almost advert free and the ads are not that intrusive, they don't pop out at you when you are trying to read anything on the site and the ones at the header of the forum topics can be quite amusing as we have found out in the past. Will have a look at some but not really into buying online they do,however,give me some ideas fro gifts etc. Who knows maybe one day they will manage to drag me kicking and screaming into the 20th century and get me to buy more online.

Presume you are referring to the "other" news site for Warrington which now has huge adverts welcoming you to their page making it impossible to see the local news and bombarding your machine with annoying pop ups -and advert blockers make the site almost unusable.

:x

I wondered about the legality of refusing to honour vouchers and gift cards when Comet did it.

Surely if a gift card is not going to be honoured by a retailler who is still trading (albeit in administration) then that gift card is, by definition, faulty and not fit for purpose. Sale of Goods Act should guarantee that the holder receives a full refund.

Yes, but you have to join the list of creditors who are owed a lot more than a £5/£10 voucher.

Allegedly Blockbusters is different as they are trying to find a buyer.