Welcome

algy

Thatblokefrom46 never managed it to the finishing line Killed in action at Valdation Point. As his Comanding Officer I, Penguindust, have taken over. Thanks to Algy for his assistance and for his welcome.

Wow!, more faces than the Scarlet Pimpernel, Welcome anyway!. :wink::D

Talking of penguins:-

There's been a fight in the biscuit tin, a lad called Rocky hit a Penguin over the head with a Club, tied him to a Wagon Wheel with a Blue Ribbon and made his Breakaway in a Taxi. Police say Rocky was last seen just After Eight in Maryland with a Ginger Nut known to police as Rich T. They didn't leave a crumb of evidence so the jammy dodger got away with it..

Thatblokefrom46 never managed it to the finishing line Killed in action at Valdation Point. As his Comanding Officer I, Penguindust, have taken over. Thanks to Algy for his assistance and for his welcome.

Welcome Penguin dust - I am sure there is a story behind that name.

If you ever want an allie on here I am sure your friend at number 46 can be brought back to life whenever you wish! :wink:

:lol:  :lol: 

Thatblokefrom46 did not die in action and there will be no funeral.  'He' was saved by my own fair hand after a message was received by carrier pigeon and 'he' was manually revived and ready for action on the battlefield this morning.  I guess we can now class him as 'absent with approved leave' though as the pigeon must have flaked out on it's return journey.

Welcome to the madhouse Penguindust :D  :lol:  

Gary will love this given that he could have written the same plea. Penguin Dust comes from an Editorial request from Gregory Corso asking for contributions. Ask Jeeves. Penguin Dust bring me Penguin Dust. Very apt for this forum. Just shows what a bit of a clever dick I am. No don't comment on that. I'm sensitive to criticism

Penguin Dust an explanation Preferences of the Editors:

P–In poetry: Show us something. Seek out and transliterate a bit of wonder, madness, beauty, terror, passion or whatever else impels you. You needn’t rant, gripe, weep, moan, spout, spit or shout unless you’ve something to say. Toy with form, tweak it and coax it out from its dusty, smoke-filled parlor; teach it new tricks, and if you must be arbitrary, at least make it beautiful.

In prose: Lead us somewhere. Take us through half-deserted streets or bustling alleys in orange-steeped,  steepled cities. Shape a character, a figure, a mind, and make us care. Avoid the ordinary, the trite and the dull (naturally), and hijack our attention. We feast on well-rounded characters, devour sensorial details and drink deeply from flowing narratives.

E–I enjoy writing that makes me feel elated, upset, uncertain, disturbed, intrigued, in love, and a little bit turned on. Enthrall me with your linguistic dexterity and gymnastics. Always proofread. Show me something I’ve seen a million times; make it unrecognizable. Make me lament the fact that I could never write something so well-thought out & fascinating. Do all of this from the beginning and you’ve got me. [And if you're going to send us a poem that rhymes, make it surprising.]

S–I want Victorian-style stories about home invasions and allegorical poems about chem-trails. I want words with deliberate tintinnabulation written in ink redolent of riparian summers. Send me something that will make me hard and suicidal; something that gives the feeling of a woebegone embrace while talking about inter-dimensional eunuchs. Tell me about the propinquity of distance. I’m looking for poets who bind themselves to form so that they may be free. I don’t want last week’s story or last night’s poem. I want something so new it reeks of dusty clocks; something so old it possesses the fresh, menstrual smell of a newborn. Send me a literary panacea.

I don’t care where you’ve been published. I want to know your name, who you’re reading, and what is your favorite olfactory delicacy. Send your best work in a proofread, single-spaced, standard font .doc/.odt file.

“Penguin dust, bring me penguin dust, I want penguin dust” - Gregory Corso