Photo Quiz 3.

algy

Absolutely no idea Algy although I'd guess number 5 must be on a church or chapel somewhere.

Can you go back and clear the Ivy and take another pic as it's a shame it's half covered as it's really nice and I want to read the rest of it too  :lol:   

OK so right track but not a church or chapel and Harry is right with the street.

Was it an old school run by a church or other religious group ?

5 & 6.Go on you can have that those!, travelling up Cairo street from Rylands Street, more or less opposite Egypt Street is a small single story building, its original title was the Cairo Street Prebytarian Infants School. When I was a youngster I think it was used as a Clinlc or Health Centre for children.

I think the inscription reads - "The Lord Shall Preserve, Thy Going Out, And Thy Coming In". (James 4:13-16).

ScreenShot001.jpg

Hey maybe we should work as a team on the others too Harry :wink:

PS the terracotta plaque on your latest pic looks more like a modern day for sale sign to me Algy :P  :lol: ... I'd best do a runner now eek 8)   

Don't get in my line of fire or else I'll lob me crutch at you!. :wink::D :D

Commented before on this one.    The building shown was a government building during the war - domestic kind of thing - think you got your tokens; ration books; and that kind of thing there. (your divvy was further up Cairo street)

Further inside  that building was the co-op youth club run buy a lovely man Richard Brandwood.  I am reasonably sure that it was the first youth club to open after the war and before the Boys club. near the box works. 

We travelled to town from Orford in pitch darkness and were dazzled by a street lamp which  dimly lit up the front of Harwoods market, near Central station.  Travelling on further into darkness we went down Cairo street and there was the co-op youth club lit up by what must have been a 60 watt bulb,

Happy days

Commented before on this one.    The building shown was a government building during the war - domestic kind of thing - think you got your tokens; ration books; and that kind of thing there. (your divvy was further up Cairo street)

Further inside  that building was the co-op youth club run buy a lovely man Richard Brandwood.  I am reasonably sure that it was the first youth club to open after the war and before the Boys club. near the box works. 

We travelled to town from Orford in pitch darkness and were dazzled by a street lamp which  dimly lit up the front of Harwoods market, near Central station.  Travelling on further into darkness we went down Cairo street and there was the co-op youth club lit up by what must have been a 60 watt bulb,

Happy days

Thanks Harry, sound information.