What sort of mother

wolfie

If that was in reply to me Obs... I have no idea.  I just googled nazarene mary mag arghaeology and tomb as I had no idea who or what nazarene was and I was also intrigued to know what Celo had seen with her own eyes and it came up with that.

No idea if that is what they were all talking about but I found the link interesting anyway so I posted it. :lol:  

Before anyone thinks to state it, this is a cut and paste -

We can also tell from Luke's Gospel that Jesus had been born in early evening, for
Luke says the shepherds were keeping watch by night, but still had time to go into town
and tell the people what they had seen earlier that evening. People rose early with the sun
in those days, and would have been asleep by 9 or 10 pm. Therefore, the birth had taken
place no later than 8 pm, and probably before 7 pm. Yet Luke says it happened at night,
which means after sunset--surely after 6 pm in September. Hence, it follows that Jesus
was born within a few minutes of 6:30-7:30 pm on the evening of September 11th, 3 BC.

Before anyone thinks to state it, this is a cut and paste -

We can also tell from Luke's Gospel that Jesus had been born in early evening, for

Luke says the shepherds were keeping watch by night, but still had time to go into town

and tell the people what they had seen earlier that evening. People rose early with the sun

in those days, and would have been asleep by 9 or 10 pm. Therefore, the birth had taken

place no later than 8 pm, and probably before 7 pm. Yet Luke says it happened at night,

which means after sunset--surely after 6 pm in September. Hence, it follows that Jesus

was born within a few minutes of 6:30-7:30 pm on the evening of September 11th, 3 BC.

Luke actually says that the angel informed the shepherds (at night) that the saviour had been born 'this day', It could have been early morning rather than early evening.  They could have gone into town the next day.

• Downvote 1

("You must have dreamed it Cleo.

Average temperature in September is 28 degrees celsius so it must have been heat-proofed snow!!!")

Or maybe not......!

12.23.2005 Snow in Bethlehem

I was going to do a smart-aleck post about the fact that we see a lot of manger scenes with snow, but since Bethlehem is in the Middle East, and it doesn't snow there, why should we put up with the inaccuracies?

But then I found an article about snow in the Middle East from a few years ago, and even found an image of Bethlehem covered with snow.

I wanted to post the Bethlehem image here, but I'm afraid the site will be mad because they don't want their images shared publically without purchase.

So the image posted here shows Jerusalem in snow, from the BBC.

People wouldn't believe that it snows in Egypt either but it does.