Sports Physio wanted

Geoffrey Settle

Hi my legs have been knackered for over 8 weeks and rest does not appear to be the cure  :twisted: .

When I visited <a removed > shop in Alderley Edge yesterday and asked his advice he said that he didn't think that I was suffering from groin strain but that I had all the signs and symptoms of rock solid legs muscles caused by running in hard running shoes that I had bought in the Isle of Man. It was this that was causing me constant shooting pains up and down my legs. He used to coach Warrington's great Mark Kinch so he knows a thing or two.

So can anyone recommend a good Sports Physio in the Warrington area?

Edited by Dizzy

Yes Geoff there is as they have a banner on the external wall of the HJ although not sure if they are private and cost £'s.

My dad had problems with his shoulder and he was referred to physio (at the HJ) by his doctor.  That was free and I've no idea if that was a different physio group in there than the one that's advertised on the banner though.

If I was you I'd just ask your doctor first :wink:

I used to get shooting pains up and down my leg too from my bum cheek right down my leg and they blummin' hurt and were not nice at all.

PS.... I think I might have to edit your first post (unless you'd like to) as it is very 'specific' and may appear to be classed as 'free advertising' for the Alderly place you mention which as you know is not allowed on here..... but then again so do the answers now    :oops:

Oooh dilemma again :lol:

Dizzy other running shops are available we just happen to be in the area walking the sandstone ridge and casting some Wizzard spells and because I was there I took the running shoes with me that I had bought in the <ha ha>Running shop in the Isle of Man. :|  The shoes may have caused my muscle spasm problems.

I don't suppose that anyone knows of a good running shop in Warrington were I can get expert runner's opinions from do they?

Edited by Dizzy

Don't start trying to be too clever Geoff as I might be pointing you in the direction of the local A&E department or maybe a stress management/life coach :lol:

By the way you never even bothered asking me how I eventually got rid of the very painful shooting pains up and down my legs.  8)  :P   

Dizz, shooting pains from the buttock (bit nicer than 'bum cheeks don't you think) down the leg may be an indication of sciatica, I have had bouts in the past and it is very painful, i have always found that a strong pain killer such as 'Ibuprofen' and resting usually relieves it and in my case cures it, all beit for a short time.

Only take a strong pain killer on the advice of a Doctor or Pharmacist as they can react severely with other medication or medical conditions such as Astma and Hypertension.

The Doctor has taken a look but didn't seem concerned - she did say massage but it's moved lower down and is random the muscles it appears in - it seems more like muscle spasms in both legs and these largely occur when I twist and bend down to get things out of bottom draws. I think that it was caused by doing too much running, not enough stretching and getting old and stiff.

Unfortunately my physio who was excellent had her place burnt down by her lodger a few years ago and she now works from Chester.

So back to the doctors to ask for a physio appointment/recommendation.

Isn't that advertising Dizzy? - I do think the shoes are the problem they are rock hard and may even be counterfeit even though they were bought from the ha ha shop. :evil: and with the thousands of miles I have put in over the years they have took their toll in one week and did what the road pounding never did. I have been on a couple of gait machines and always been fine so it is looking like the shoes.