Hitler Is Not Impressed With Warringtons Bin Collection.

algy

Do you know what? I'm not really a violent person. The first and last time I hit anyone was in a club just a short time before I married when a drunken slut was trying to make out with my now husband of many years. I heard him tell her to go away because he was with his fiance but the bitch tried to kiss him so I upped and smacked her slut face and told her to pee off. Then she had the cheek to call me a bitch.

Do you actually have a sense of humour Rod or is it a prerequisite of your self found 'status' and the determination of your plight which makes you want to not falter from your moral and somewhat robotic stance and route at all times :lol:    :P

It's been obvious for a long time Dizzy, Rod is a really boring life form !!

Algy's  historical updates are a breath of fresh air.

algy

So please inform me of this magical site as if I do create anymore it can save me a hell of a lot of time and effort and reduce the ear bashing I receive from Mrs Algy for spending so much time on the computer.

Best Regards,

Algy.

If you must, try http://downfall.jfedor.org/

It looks fairly easy and dispenses with most of the effort. Alternatively try googling "create your own hitler rant"

Rod

Thanks Boris, I don't really know anything about Rod he just seems very serious. :unsure:

Not really Algy. I'm fairly light-hearted. Although perhaps I am a little serious on the subject of 20mph limits as they do mean so much to so many people who support them around the country.

I guess that Germany, cycling and 20mph does hit a sensitive point for me as it was my cycle ride to Hilden in 2004 to find out how they achieved 23% of in-town trips by cycle that first brought to my attention their policy of 30kmh limits and this being the foundation for walking and cycling. It means that for every 100 people moving around the town they have some 40 fewer cars than moving the same number of people here in Warrington. And whats more, kids have great independent mobility and it creates great residential places..

And yes, having cycled from here to Hilden and around many EU countries then I can assure you that I am quite "comfortable in traffic". But 20mph limits are not about assisting the current people who cycle (who I see as the "fit and the brave") but the much greater proportion of people who would consider cycling or walking if streets were made safer. That requires both better and more appropriate traffic speeds and a proper consideration by us all that travelling above 20mph where we mix with pedestrians and cyclists rarely saves us much time but limits the ability for us to enable children and adults to walk or cycle if they want to.

Regarding the videos, I never said that I found them unfunny, or even not amusing. Its just that I feel they are rather tacky and in bad taste. Over the years I have come to know many of the councillors and planning/traffic officers in the council. I have had many robust discussions with them. But overall, my impression is that they are all trying to do their best in difficult situations and with many conflicting priorities.  I don't think I have met any who have not been trying to do the best as they see it for their consituents or for the council. And that's true for some who I have really disagreed with.

To be frank it is so easy to take "potshots" at councillors and officers. Their position makes it sometimes very difficult to respond. My preference is to actually engage with them. That does not mean "cosying" up to them and several will tell you that some conversations have been fairly robust. But robustness is perhaps better conducted behind closed doors, and certainly when you start to make the suggestion in the videos about the planners, their wives, etc, then I think you are going beyond what is polite and on a more practical note beyond what is productive.

I am sure that we have all seen the near expletives used to describe councillors, officers and even sometimes myself on this forum. Those posting should really ask themselves who's opinion they are trying to change and if they think that such language is going to make them more or less influencial with those they wish to influence.

And to get back to "sense of humour", here's one which Cleo will appreciate :-

I remember in 2004 that when I returned from Hilden and my trip was reported in the Guardian some wag wrote in and said that it was a good job I didn't go to Cairo for my holiday or else I might be suggesting "camel lanes". I am sure that whoever wrote in had a good laugh but  I remember Bob Monkhouse once saying that someone had told him he would never make a comedian. His reply was "I bet he's not laughing now".

So overall, if it were "Strictly Hitler Ranting" I would give 9 out of 10 for the "effort". 6 out of 10 for the "amusement", and 2 out of 10 for the "taste".

With best regards

Rod

algy

If you must, try http://downfall.jfedor.org/

It looks fairly easy and dispenses with most of the effort. Alternatively try googling "create your own hitler rant"

Rod

Hells bells Rod we could end up with everyone doing a version now.

BTW never seen camel lanes but have seen a sign indicating ''Humps ahead'.

Well I wont be doing one that way Wolfie as my PC just blocked Rod's link and I was all geared up for a bit of fun. I did manually override it for a sec but then bottled out.  Has anyone else tried it and is it actually safe ?  :cry:

Seems I've hit a 'Road block' ha ha :oops:  :lol:  (sorry Rod that just came to me as I was typing and no offence meant of course)

The link worked for me Dizzy, but I won't be trying it. There's no chance I could beat Algy's efforts!!

Me neither and Algy's would definately be impossible to top...... I was just going to do a personal one for a certain family member to tease them a bit and wouldn't have put it one here  :lol:

Not really Algy. I'm fairly light-hearted. Although perhaps I am a little serious on the subject of 20mph limits as they do mean so much to so many people who support them around the country.

I guess that Germany, cycling and 20mph does hit a sensitive point for me as it was my cycle ride to Hilden in 2004 to find out how they achieved 23% of in-town trips by cycle that first brought to my attention their policy of 30kmh limits and this being the foundation for walking and cycling. It means that for every 100 people moving around the town they have some 40 fewer cars than moving the same number of people here in Warrington. And whats more, kids have great independent mobility and it creates great residential places..

So overall, if it were "Strictly Hitler Ranting" I would give 9 out of 10 for the "effort". 6 out of 10 for the "amusement", and 2 out of 10 for the "taste".

With best regards

Rod

Rod, I have cut your quote, not out of lack of interest but purely to get to the point!.

I wish to make it clear that although I am responsible for the content of the clips it does not necessarily represent my political , environmental or practical views on any subject or topic, and is not intended to persuade any individual or group to alter or modify their political, religious or civil beliefs or attitude, the finite result is presented purely for the enjoyment of those who wish to view the video clip. The title gives an indication as to what the content will contain, anyone finding that content offensive has the ability or means to stop viewing of the video clip to prevent any further offence.

Thank you Rod, much appreciated, I think I have done enough for now but will certainly keep it in mind for the future, although I do prefer to be in control of my own editing etc.

algy.