Judy Blume: very inmportant!!!!!!!!

I am doing a report on Judy Blume's WORKS. Not on her. I was just wondering what everybody thought of her books. Please answer these questions in order if you are going to post something:

1. How do you like her books?

I like them-

I don't like them-

2. Do you think her books are appropiate for young readers and young adults?

Yes-

No-

3. Do you think people can easily identify with her books?

Yes-

No-

When you answer please out your first and last name.

Thanks!!!!!!! :D

My 10 year old daughter LOVES Judy Blume, 'Dear God, its me Margaret' is her favourite. i am more than happy for her to read them. i remember reading them myself at her age.

My name is Tracy Lynskey, welcome to the forum!

Gary, i suggest you ask your daughters, i'm sure they will know who judy Blume is! :roll:

I remember reading them!

1. I do like them (well, did, I haven't read them for years but I'm sure they're still as good a read).

2.Yes I think they're appropriate for young readers.

3.Yes I think it is easy to identify with the characters in her books.

Gemma Rathbone

Thankyou all for [posting back!!!!!! This report is due May 10 and i am freaking out!!!!!! I am desperate for some opinions so keep it coming! PLus let me know if you agree with this thesis:

Judy Blume has a talent for using her vivid meories of her early life as the basis for her stories. Young readers can easily Identify with her books and learn from them at the same time.

I think that's a good thesis for a 7th grader!!! don't you? :)

I agree with your thesis, however, i would clarify the 'young reader', my 10 year old is quite mature with her reading, but even so i read her books before she does to check theyr'e suitable. there are a few things that i have seen whilst skimming through, which are slightly too old for 10 year olds, but the vast majority of the books are great, so you have to let a little something through i think. I think the slightly older themes are the ones that teach the reader. good luck! my assignments are in for the 19th, so i know what you are going through! :wink: i am freaked as well! :o

I totally agree with the thesis - its exactly what I would have said in my own words.

I have re read a few of her books as an adult and still really enjoyed them. As a teenager I learn alot from them as I was not a very street wise child as it were.