Gun crime?

observer

This latest evil action by this deranged scumbag who massacred these poor children and adults just confirms to me how wrong it is for US citizens to have a legal right to bear arms, I shudder to think what would happen if we had the same situation in the UK.

• Upvote 1

Scumbag Algy? Deranged maybe. Even the nicest of nice people can sometimes become deranged, in which case they become mentally unstable and possibly unaware of what they were doing. I could nor would not in any way condone what the young killer did but would hesitate to call him a scumbag without knowing his full circumstances and personality. As a son of a teacher, I am sure his mother would have raised him in a responsible manner to have some moral standards in his life. We just don't know what went wrong in his brain and mind. Until the shootings he might well have been a responsible, loving and caring person. :unsure:

However, I would agree with you about the legality of being able own/use guns. Whatever anyone may say about guns, they are lethal instruments designed to kill and to kill is the primary purpose for anyone wanting to possess a gun, whether they will admit it or not, and they should not be permitted even to be manufactured.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the most suprising thing is, given the prevalence of gun ownership in the USA, there aren't more instances like this. Perhaps the very fact that everyone finds these occurences so shocking is because they aren't as common as is being suggested by the hysterical comments <_< <_<

Apparently this bloke tried to buy more guns a few days previously in a neighbouring town but was refused the sale because of background checks....so why did he have these guns in the first place? Should they have been confiscated by the police or were they illegally in his possession. Either way, guns allowed to the general public can be disastrous.

Obviously don't know the difference between an automatic and a semi-automatic weapon there Obs.

Perhaps a little more research and a little less rushing to be the first to share your ill-informed opinions on every topic in the news?

Automatic ? Semi-automatic? Research? What difference does it make what sort of gun was used?

12 little girls and 8 little boys all aged 6 or 7 - are now DEAD

6 Adults = are now DEAD

Absolutely heart breaking to read and how can their families or community get over that?