Warrington Town season highlights - so far

Gary

Good video but (omg I will probably get slated for saying this).... where are all the fans?

Were these actual matches as apart from the few behind the goals (seen them before so I guess they are the regulars, Barmy Army maybe ?), but a lot of shots showed completely empty stands and seats and clearly different teams playing as the kits were different. Is it always so quiet ?

I don't want to offend any loyal fans or others by saying that and it's just my own observation from an outside viewers point of view. :oops:

It took me 3 days to pluck up the courage to ask that I hope no-one will shout at me ... please pause before you do though and remember I am a girlie and don't understand footy or the life of it's fans but I just wondered why there seem to be so few watching :unsure::oops:<_<

Good video but (omg I will probably get slated for saying this).... where are all the fans?

Were these actual matches as apart from the few behind the goals (seen them before so I guess they are the regulars, Barmy Army maybe ?), but a lot of shots showed completely empty stands and seats and clearly different teams playing as the kits were different. Is it always so quiet ?

I don't want to offend any loyal fans or others by saying that and it's just my own observation from an outside viewers point of view. :oops:

It took me 3 days to pluck up the courage to ask that I hope no-one will shout at me ... please pause before you do though and remember I am a girlie and don't understand footy or the life of it's fans but I just wondered why there seem to be so few watching :unsure::oops:dry.gif

Quite easy to answer Dizzy - Capacity of ground circa 3,000 - average gate 150-200 = lots of empty space.

Believe me everything has been tried to encourage more fans

Under 12s are FREE!

Students at Collegiate and Priestley = FREE

FREE season tickets issued to nearly 500 juniors

Special promotions for Wolves fans.

Free tickets in the local paper!

Bring a friend promotions.

And before anyone says rugby town :roll: More kids and people play football in Warrington than rugby.

Main problem is they prefer to support the over paid huge egos in the premier league than their local team.

But never fear we are building towards having a successful team - pushing for promotion - and hopefully success will start to see the gates increase.

If we could double the average gates we would stand an even better chance of moving up the football league pyramid to hopefully one day deliver a football league team to the town.

So if you are reading this get yourselves down to the Abacus Solicitors Community Stadium this coming Saturday when we take on fellow promotion chasers New Mills in a 3pm kick off.

Bring a mate and double the gate!

Main problem is they prefer to support the over paid huge egos in the premier league than their local team.

I was asked by a local lad once, "What football team do you support?"

When my reply was Warrington Town, they said "... but they're not even in the first division!"

Says it all I think!

I understand now thanks. :D'Bring a mate and double the gate' I like that it's very catchy.

How much is it for Adults ?

If you want to get a taste of non league football you can come as the guest of the Chairman on Saturday as a thank you for all your hard work on here - and even meet one or two other forum members!:shock: