What is the pub and where in Warrington was it taken.

algy

• 4 months later...
I THINK the Shannon and Chesapeake pub was nearly opposite st Ann's church.

The pre-fab building at the back of Algy's picture was the skating rink I referred to. i always associate in my mind with the do-nut dug out as being mainly for Americans. Later a municipal building, very similar to the old Min of pension and insurance opposite St Elphins park.(and later the driving test place)

Happy days

I don't remember the pub but there was a little shop (newsagents I think) opposite what is now Tesco, and it had a plaque above it saying it was the site of the Shannon and Chesapeake

Algy

I know its a long time after the original posts but better late than never.  The S & C was listed in the Warrington Guardian 26 Aug 1854 as a licensed beer house.  It operated until the late 19th century.  Later it became a shop and was run by a Mrs Daglish in later years.  It was compulsorily purchased in 1975 and was subsequently demolished as part of the A49 diversion programme.  I did try to put a picture on here but unfortunately baffled by technology.

Dalglish.....i seem to have a vague memory of that shop from my youth.