Kingsway Bridge today and Loushers last night ?

Dizzy

Anyone know what was going on near Kingsway Bridge ealier today (11am ish I think).

My other half said there were police, fire engines all over the place on the bridge and the banks of the rowing club and what looked like boat rescue services, and also more activity further up just past the allotments when he went past. I can't find anything on the local news pages so maybe (hopefully) it was all just some sort of training exercise.

Also apparently there was a lot of police presence and ambulance activity near Loushers Lane/Wilderspool Causeway early last night... what was that about ? :unsure:

I would imagine they would need as many resources as they could possibly get Peter after all they weren't to know that it was a false alarm.

If you ever fall in they might just send one boy scout in a canoe to look for you after that question :lol::P

Next question... why was the police helicopter up last night (Sunday) over Wilderspool/black bear park way (midnight 'ish' although may have been later as I didn't look at the clock but we could hear it)

..... and is there any truth in the rumours today there were armed police around there too :unsure::shock:

I would imagine they would need as many resources as they could possibly get Peter after all they weren't to know that it was a false alarm.

If you ever fall in they might just send one boy scout in a canoe to look for you after that question :lol::P

As long as the boy scout was strong enough to pull me into his canoe, not a problem.

IF someone was in the river, they would need the dinghy and the turntable ladder. Not the others. :P

Next question... why was the police helicopter up last night (Sunday) over Wilderspool/black bear park way (midnight 'ish' although may have been later as I didn't look at the clock but we could hear it)

May have been looking for hot spots in the houses with the thermal imaging camera. One way of finding those who are growing something other than tomatoes in the loft. :unsure: