Cairo St

skittles

Why was Cairo St pedestrianized?

Apart from one restaurant there is nothing down there, so why spend so much money on the street?

Secondly it was a good point for disabled people to park to get to that side of town. Also they have stopped disabled people parking on Academy Way by putting Taxi bays, but no taxis ever use them.

Why was Cairo St pedestrianized?

Apart from one restaurant there is nothing down there, so why spend so much money on the street?

Secondly it was a good point for disabled people to park to get to that side of town. Also they have stopped disabled people parking on Academy Way by putting Taxi bays, but no taxis ever use them.

Any sign of a cycle lane ?

Sorry Peter, I don't mean to detract from what you're saying, and have every sympathy for the needs of the disabled, but what you posted had me doubled up with visions of disabled people "nipping" to the bank. And,I know, it will come to me one day should I live that long! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Also they have stopped disabled people parking on Academy Way by putting Taxi bays, but no taxis ever use them.

That hasn't stopped disabled people parking there, I see them every week parked on the yellow lines in front of the taxi bays (often partially blocking the slip road to the car park). I suspect the taxi bays are used in the evenings for late night revellers, but I can't say that for certain as I am not a late night reveller!

Sorry Peter, I don't mean to detract from what you're saying, and have every sympathy for the needs of the disabled, but what you posted had me doubled up with visions of disabled people "nipping" to the bank. And,I know, it will come to me one day should I live that long! :blink: :blink: :blink:

:D :grin: :D