Total Eclipse

asperity

It's time-lapse photography Dizzy. The coloured "blobs" are the sun at various stages of the eclipse. (I'm sure you knew this, just playing games :D :grin: :D )

OMG how thick am I tonight and honest I wasn't playing games :oops:(It's been a long day..well actually a long week and I clearly need sleep or a brain transplant ) :oops:

Will you be joing us too now Wolfie :wink:

Looks like it, cos I'm still not sure what is eclipsing what. :unsure: :unsure:

If those little blobs are the sun then that little blob on the big white one must be the sun, so what is the big white shiny thing?? :unsure: :unsure:

And if it's time lapse why doesn't the background change. :unsure:

Apologies, I've not been my usual self since United lost. :wink:

The bright shiny thing that looks like a Polo is the sun's corona showing around the edge of the moon. I presume it's brighter than the rest because the camera is automatic (perhaps one of our photography wizz kids could shed some light on it?). The reason why the background isn't changing is because nothing is moving apart from the sun and the moon (yes, I know it's not the sun moving but the earth turning giving the impression of movement).

As an Evertonian I feel your pain about losing on Saturday :cry:

Set camera on a tripod. attach shutter release cable if required or time lapse mode if available on camera. adjust focus for best result and then every five/ten or fifteen minutes or whatever time take a picture without moving the camera. Note must have the appropriate filter attached to stop burning out of the CCD in the camera and also retinas of eyes.

The reason for the glow to the right is that the sun once over the horizon will have been at that point before total darkness fell, either that or it is just for effect and taken the following day.

and for those who say the sun does not move well being a pedant it actually does but not relative to the earth just relative to the galactic centre. If anybody does manage to completely negate gravity they are in for one big shock as anything that is not affected by gravity will disappear at about 1000 + Mph, But do feel free to argue the point.

That can’t be a straightforward time lapse and must have been heavily edited to create a nice effect. Aside from the double sunset, the clouds are sharp and in focus which wouldn’t be the case if it were time laps. Also the sun always appears bigger as it rises or sets due to the lens effect of the atmosphere but here it seems to go the other way. Maybe being upside down in Australia has this effect. :unsure:

Bill :)